Back in April The Olympic Council of Asia already announced that it would be adding 4 eSports events to the 2022 Asian Games, Dota 2, StarCraft II, Hearthstone and a yet to be revealed sports game (possibly Federation Internationale de Football Association or NBA). Regardless, the Paris 2024 Olympics is still years from now so there's plenty of time for the International Olympic Committee to determine if eSports truly has a place in the world's most prestigious sporting event.
2024 Olympics co-president Tony Estanguet says someone might win a gold medal at the Summer Olympics without ever getting out of their chair. Fans of video games can rejoice: the question will be finally considered by the worldwide olympic Committee. "The youth, yes they are interested in eSport and this kind of thing".
"Look, there's 11 years before the Games, so it wouldn't hurt if they took a year or even six months instead of rushing", said Jed Parriott, an organizer of the NOlympics LA group.
The fan base behind esports has continued to surge in recent years, already being confirmed for the 2022 Asian Games - a multi-sport competition considered second only to the Olympics in terms of size. "Let's try if we can find some bridges or not". But will the prim-and-proper Olympics adopt eSports with the same tolerance?
"I don't want to say "no" from the beginning", he explained.
Equities fall on rising tension between US & North Korea
SIMMERING TENSIONS: North Korea revealed on Thursday a detailed plan to launch a salvo of ballistic missiles toward the U.S. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed down 143.08 points, or 0.94 percent, at 15,074.25.
Paris will be awarded the 2024 games next month at an International Olympic Committee gathering in Lima, Peru, barring any setbacks.
Introducing eSports would nearly certainly help make the Olympics more relevant to younger generations-a tick in Estanguet's pro column.
The Madison Square Garden Company also recently acquired a controlling stake in Counter Logic Gaming, an eSports team that competes in League of Legends, Halo, Call of Duty, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
"Who knows what the future holds but I have faith in you and this body that if anything comes up we will make the necessary adjustments to make this the most successful Games in the history of the Olympics".
- U.S. stocks slip, snapping Dow's 10-day winning streak
- L'observation des perséides sera difficile cette année
- Nuveen Floating Rate Income Fund (JFR) Plans Monthly Dividend of $0.07
- Iran's parliament votes to increase missile funds following United States sanctions
- EPL: Arsenal in a insane match we beat Leicester
- Dublin site searched in Trevor Deely investigation
- Top US General Jets Into Asia as North Korea Tensions Run High
- Game of Thrones season 7: 3 questions 'Eastwatch' should answer
- Sanchez out of Arsenal's league opener
- JUSTICE LEAGUE Reshoots To Lighten Up SNYDER's 'Too Dark' Cut, Says Actor