In the end, cops recovered 2 guns, drugs, a significant amount of cash and 2 vehicles were impounded - though it's unclear if any of those things belonged to Randolph.
Randolph booked into jail with bail set at US$20,000. His next court date is scheduled for August 31, according to the sheriff's department's online records. The officers then tried to disperse the crowd, and the disturbance escalated.
"The charges are false and misleading", Randolph's agent and attorney Raymond Brothers told The Associated Press on Thursday.
Police on patrol observed a crowd drinking, smoking pot, blasting music and blocking streets at the Nickerson Gardens project in Watts, Preciado said.
Officers called for backup when the crowd grew and people began throwing bottles.
Officers also arrested Stanley Walton, 43, on suspicion of carrying a gun as an ex-convict.
Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE:BTU) on Focus After Report of More Shorts
Parkwood LLC acquired a new position in shares of Peabody Energy Corporation during the second quarter valued at about $594,000. Following the acquisition, the insider now directly owns 689,410 shares in the company, valued at approximately $16,194,240.90.
The Kings said they are aware of the situation but would not comment at this time. Five police cars and one sheriff's vehicle ended up with smashed windows and slashed tires as officers formed skirmish lines in front of the crowd.
Randolph averaged 14.1 points and 8.2 points for Memphis last season.
He established himself as a fan favorite over the past eight seasons in Memphis, a city that embraced him for his rugged playing style and for overcoming a rough upbringing.
The 36-year-old Randolph ranks first in Grizzlies' franchise history in rebounds (5,612) and is second behind Mike Conley in points (9,261).
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump with opening monologue on The Late Show
- Dutchman Haase tops Schwartzman to reach Rogers Cup semifinals
- Olympics: LA approves host city contract for 2028 Games
- Perseid meteor shower will light up the sky
- Authorities search for inmate escaped from Cowley County facility
- Yankees place Masahiro Tanaka on disabled list
- United Fans Will Love Conte's Comments On Matic
- London 2017: Farah fails to win 5000m gold, settles for silver
- North Korea threatens physical actions after United Nations sanctions
- Trump Cautious on China Inquiry Over Intellectual Property Theft