Ellison immediately retracted those remarks in an interview with a Washington Post reporter after leaving the panel.
"It's tailor-made for somebody to misuse", he added.
During an appearance at the Netroots Nation conference in Atlanta Friday, Ellison addressed the recent exchange of inflammatory rhetoric between Trump and North Korea, saying North Korean leader Kim Jong Un was acting more responsibly than the USA president.
"I'd say [Trump's] being incredibly irresponsible and he's putting us in a situation where you could have an accidental launch".
Kim Jong Un thinks "the nuclear weapons will prevent US from getting involved", Sun said.
Donald Trump Says Maybe His Warning To North Korea 'Wasn't Tough Enough'
No doubt, the country's nuclear missile development has progressed at a faster pace than anticipated by the USA government. A Korean Peninsula free of nuclear weapons is a goal both Washington and Beijing are interested in pursuing, U.S.
And just days before that, the president promised to unleash "fire and fury" on the tin-pot country, should dictator Kim Jong Un continue to make unwelcome advances against the United States. "Well, he's acting more responsible than this guy".
Savage pointed to a Business Insider report citing an expert on North Korea and China who says Pyongyang's development of nuclear weapons is "aimed at the eventual reunification of the Korean peninsula".
Could US President Donald Trump's Twitter account be suspended for "threatening violence" against North Korea?
Yun Sun, a senior associate at the Washington, D.C. -based Stimson Center, argued North Korea would not need intercontinental ballistic missiles to strike South Korea, whose capital sits just 35 miles from the border.
The comments came after Trump unleashed a slew of fresh threats against North Korea on Friday, declaring the US military "locked and loaded".
- Conflit avec la Corée du Nord: le président chinois appelle Donald Trump
- Les USA demandent aux Kurdes d'Irak de repousser leur référendum
- Internap Corporation (NASDAQ:INAP) Stake Raised by KCG Holdings Inc
- Conte Tips Rudiger For Moses Role Vs Burnley, Shades Wenger, Praises Morata
- Tunisie : le déficit commercial s'aggrave, malgré l'amélioration des exportations
- Neymar free for Paris Saint-Germain debut this weekend
- Chris Hughton takes positives after Brighton's defeat to Manchester City
- Federal Bureau of Investigation 10 Most Wanted Fugitive, Accused of NJ Slaying, Captured in Virginia
- JDU removes Sharad Yadav party leader in Rajya Sabha
- Jose Mourinho hints at central midfield role for Victor Lindelöf