Dozens of elephants and rafts have been deployed to rescue almost 500 people trapped by floods in a popular resort in southern Nepal, officials say.
Monsoon floods and landslides have killed at least 66 people across Nepal and India but officials fear that figure could nearly double as rescuers search for dozens believed lost under mud and in submerged villages.
The Nepal Red Cross Society is also working with local authorities to warn thousands of people of further threats from rising rivers and further landslides.
Security agencies, including Nepal Police, the army and Armed Police Force, have been mobilised in the southern Terai districts for the relief and rescue operations.
At least 36 persons have been reported missing in the low-lying areas, over 20 injured and thousands of families have been displaced since Friday, Xinhua news agency reported. Officials said they would be fixing the electricity lines soon.
The meteorological department forecast that central and western plains were likely to receive heavy rainfall from this evening. "We have more than 30 people confirmed dead".
Avec le même onze à Strasbourg — Lille
Les Strasbourgeois l'ont emporté (3-0), grâce à des buts de Jonas Martin (72), Dimitri Liénard (82) et Jérémy Grimm (87). Les 11 derniers buts de Lille en déplacement en Ligue 1 ont été inscrits soit dans le jeu (8), soit sur penalty (3).
According to the Ministry of Home Affairs, seven persons were killed in Sunsari district in southern Nepal. "In Surkhet district, we have evacuated about 200 people to shelters", the statement said.
Footage aired on Nepali TV showed villagers wading through waist-high water with their belongings and using boats to reach higher ground.
At least 700 Indian, Chinese, American and other tourists stranded in Sauraha in Chitwan have been rescued.
Meanwhile, Nepal Cabinet held an emergency meeting during which Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba ordered the local district administrations to intensify the rescue and release activities.
Hundreds of houses have been submerged in Morang.
- Jade Voltigeur, miss Martinique 2017 ira-t-elle à Miss France ?
- Fired engineer James Damore: Google is 'almost like a cult' (GOOG)
- Jose Mourinho ready to offer Luke Shaw for Danny Rose
- Andrea Dovizioso s'impose en MotoGP après un duel intense contre Marc Marquez
- Attaque de Levallois : Hamou Benlatrèche transféré à l'hôpital Georges-Pompidou
- Bain de foule pour Pierre-Ambroise Bosse à son retour à Paris
- North Korea refuses to stop nuclear weapon development, threatens U.S. over sanctions
- Secretary Mattis says USA is 'ready' to counter North Korean threat
- Menace sur l'ile de Guam
- Trump's statements on North Korea reminiscent of Bush's preventive war doctrine