Several Twitter users reported that they felt the tremors in Singapore.
An natural disaster measuring 6.4 in magnitude struck Indonesia's Sumatra on Sunday, according to the United States Geological Survey.
The quake hits at 10:08 a.m. Jakarta time (0308 GMT) with epicenter at 71 km southwest North Bengkulu and depth at 10 km under seabed, Muhammad Tizam, an official with the agency said.
Oppenheimer Asset Management Inc. Takes Position in HealthEquity, Inc. (HQY)
Finally, AQR Capital Management LLC purchased a new position in shares of HealthEquity during the fourth quarter worth $293,000. On average, equities research analysts anticipate that HealthEquity, Inc . will post $0.58 EPS for the current fiscal year.
"The quake was quite strong and shallow, it was felt all the way to Padang, West Sumatra, but there was no threat of a tsunami", Mochammad Riyadi, an official at Indonesia's meteorology and geophysics agency told AFP. There are no reports of damage or casualties, however. "I was carrying my seven-month old granddaughter and I had to run, all the neighbours also ran outside their homes", Hasnah told AFP.
Indonesia is prone to quake as it lies on a vulnerable quake-hit zone so called "the Pacific Ring of Fire".
- Mourinho comments on Man United's title chances
- Uber board 'disappointed' by Benchmark's lawsuit against former CEO
- Trump Just Tweeted Out This Hilariously Inaccurate Twitter Poll
- Merger of associate banks with SBI okayed
- Ouléye Mané libre après deux mois de détention : Mystère autour d'une décision
- Marshawn Lynch sits for national anthem prior to preseason game against Cardinals
- Osinbajo inaugurates a seven-member Judicial Commission on alleged military abuse
- BidaskClub Downgrades Watsco, Inc. (WSO) to Hold
- Charlottesville Suspect Driver Booked on Suspicion of Murder
- 'How I Met Your Mother's Upcoming Spinoff Gets a Rewrite