Several Twitter users reported that they felt the tremors in Singapore.
An natural disaster measuring 6.4 in magnitude struck Indonesia's Sumatra on Sunday, according to the United States Geological Survey.
The quake hits at 10:08 a.m. Jakarta time (0308 GMT) with epicenter at 71 km southwest North Bengkulu and depth at 10 km under seabed, Muhammad Tizam, an official with the agency said.
BidaskClub Downgrades Watsco, Inc. (WSO) to Hold
Teachers Retirement System of The State of Kentucky increased its stake in shares of Watsco by 12.9% in the second quarter. The value of the investment in WSO went from $38,933,000 to $21,977,000 a change of $16,956,000 for the reporting period.
"The quake was quite strong and shallow, it was felt all the way to Padang, West Sumatra, but there was no threat of a tsunami", Mochammad Riyadi, an official at Indonesia's meteorology and geophysics agency told AFP. There are no reports of damage or casualties, however. "I was carrying my seven-month old granddaughter and I had to run, all the neighbours also ran outside their homes", Hasnah told AFP.
Indonesia is prone to quake as it lies on a vulnerable quake-hit zone so called "the Pacific Ring of Fire".
- Tigers Make Big Comeback To Beat Twins 12-11
- IAMGOLD Corp (TSE:IMG) PT Raised to C$9.00 at TD Securities
- Nationals Bryce Harper carried off field with apparent knee injury
- Trump Just Tweeted Out This Hilariously Inaccurate Twitter Poll
- Tensions over North Korea weigh on stocks but boost gold
- Chris Hughton takes positives after Brighton's defeat to Manchester City
- Dow slips 100 points as tensions with N.Korea escalate
- Deux délits de fuite et un homme en cavale
- Marshawn Lynch sits for national anthem prior to preseason game against Cardinals
- Merger of associate banks with SBI okayed