Several Twitter users reported that they felt the tremors in Singapore.
An natural disaster measuring 6.4 in magnitude struck Indonesia's Sumatra on Sunday, according to the United States Geological Survey.
The quake hits at 10:08 a.m. Jakarta time (0308 GMT) with epicenter at 71 km southwest North Bengkulu and depth at 10 km under seabed, Muhammad Tizam, an official with the agency said.
Nationals Bryce Harper carried off field with apparent knee injury
With Adam Eaton already out for the year with a torn ACL, the World Series contenders are getting thin in the outfield. Saturday's game was delayed three hours with more inclement weather and the rain conditions came into play right away.
"The quake was quite strong and shallow, it was felt all the way to Padang, West Sumatra, but there was no threat of a tsunami", Mochammad Riyadi, an official at Indonesia's meteorology and geophysics agency told AFP. There are no reports of damage or casualties, however. "I was carrying my seven-month old granddaughter and I had to run, all the neighbours also ran outside their homes", Hasnah told AFP.
Indonesia is prone to quake as it lies on a vulnerable quake-hit zone so called "the Pacific Ring of Fire".
- JK: Two Army soldiers killed in Shopian encounter
- Tigers Make Big Comeback To Beat Twins 12-11
- Merger of associate banks with SBI okayed
- Team Liquid Wins Dota 2's $24 Million The International Tournament
- Macron warns against 'escalation of tensions' over N Korea
- Uber board 'disappointed' by Benchmark's lawsuit against former CEO
- Trump Just Tweeted Out This Hilariously Inaccurate Twitter Poll
- Osinbajo inaugurates a seven-member Judicial Commission on alleged military abuse
- IAMGOLD Corp (TSE:IMG) PT Raised to C$9.00 at TD Securities
- N.Korea lashes back after Trump's latest warning