Matteo Darmian and Daley Blind are likely to fill in for Shaw at left-back in his absence, although manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that the England global could be back in action next month. The former Southampton defender made just 19 appearances in all competitions last campaign, and only eight the season before.
The defender suffered a horror leg break in 2015 which halted his Red Devils career.
Shaw has recently returned to full-training following an ankle injury, and is not expected to make a comeback before September.
Malcom : "Je vais rester à Bordeaux"
Bordeaux a marqué lors de 13 de ses 14 derniers matches de Ligue 1, échouant seulement face à Dijon le 30 avril dernier (0-0). Et finalement, juste avant la mi-temps, Vada délivrait les Girondins d'une frappe magnifique au premier poteau (1-0, 43e).
"Luke Shaw is going to be one of the best left-backs in the world", he told IBTimesUK.
Manchester United are keen on Rose, a move which would pose questions over the long term future of Luke Shaw. However, the Portuguese boss is still adamant on strengthening his squad, and thus, it wouldn't be a surprise if Rose is soon seen at Old Trafford.
Though the 22-year-old is expected to stay in Manchester, a move to North London would only benefit him, as it would offer him significant game-time which was not a luxury under Mourinho.
- North Korea refuses to stop nuclear weapon development, threatens U.S. over sanctions
- Jade Voltigeur, miss Martinique 2017 ira-t-elle à Miss France ?
- Giroud the hero as Arsenal escapes with win over Leicester
- North Korea talk drags stocks lower; gold, yen rise
- Dulquer Salmaan to make his Bollywood debut alongside Irrfan and Mithila Palkar
- Andrea Dovizioso s'impose en MotoGP après un duel intense contre Marc Marquez
- Trump Tells Guam Governor Nuclear Tensions Will Mean More Tourism
- Attaque de Levallois : Hamou Benlatrèche transféré à l'hôpital Georges-Pompidou
- Trump's statements on North Korea reminiscent of Bush's preventive war doctrine
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play Leonardo da Vinci in new biopic