Matteo Darmian and Daley Blind are likely to fill in for Shaw at left-back in his absence, although manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that the England global could be back in action next month. The former Southampton defender made just 19 appearances in all competitions last campaign, and only eight the season before.
The defender suffered a horror leg break in 2015 which halted his Red Devils career.
Shaw has recently returned to full-training following an ankle injury, and is not expected to make a comeback before September.
Giroud the hero as Arsenal escapes with win over Leicester
Shakespeare was true to his word and started Riyad Mahrez despite the Algeria worldwide asking to leave the King Power Stadium. However, just to remind you we have 33 players and they are all good players.
"Luke Shaw is going to be one of the best left-backs in the world", he told IBTimesUK.
Manchester United are keen on Rose, a move which would pose questions over the long term future of Luke Shaw. However, the Portuguese boss is still adamant on strengthening his squad, and thus, it wouldn't be a surprise if Rose is soon seen at Old Trafford.
Though the 22-year-old is expected to stay in Manchester, a move to North London would only benefit him, as it would offer him significant game-time which was not a luxury under Mourinho.
- Cech : Arsenal's goalkeeper hails 'beautiful' Leicester game
- Malcom : "Je vais rester à Bordeaux"
- Pandya ton lifts India to 487 in 3rd Test
- United States missile shield not certain to protect Guam from North Korea
- OM : Garcia commente la rumeur Milik
- What message does Ex-CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani Have For Prasoon Joshi?
- Shares hit by US-North Korea tensions
- Car Plows Into Protesters, Quickly Reverses in Charlottesville
- Attaque de Levallois : Hamou Benlatrèche transféré à l'hôpital Georges-Pompidou
- Himachal landslide buries two buses, claims 7 lives