Janata Dal (United) leader Ali Anwar on Sunday said that senior party leader Sharad Yadav's exclusion will send a wrong message in the political arena, adding the latter has equal rights on the party when compared to Bihar Chief Minister and party chief Nitish Kumar.
In another development, JD-U RS MP Ali Anwar Ansari was suspended from parliamentary party for taking part in opposition meeting, says spokesperson K C Tyagi.
Since Nitish chose to break the grand alliance with RJD-Congress and form the new government in the state in alliance with BJP, Bihar politics is going through a lot many changes.
Sharad Pawar's party was a no-show today at the meeting of the opposition called by Sonia Gandhi. 16 parties had attended the meeting, all extending their support against BJP. "You (Nitish Kumar) sacrificed the nation to stay in power".
He said that they will now decide whether to attend the JD-U's National Council meeting on August 19.
Osinbajo inaugurates a seven-member Judicial Commission on alleged military abuse
Babagana Mongunu, (Rtd) Acting Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Hajia Habiba Lawal, Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Ifeoma Nwakama and a representative of the office of the National Security Adviser.
Meanwhile, another JD (U) leader KC Tyagi said that Yadav's steps will result in rift within the party.
Meanwhile, responding to his replacement by Ram Chander Singh in the Rajya Sabha "due to his anti-party activities", Sharad Yadav said that he doesn't take such matters seriously.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar virtually shut the door on any reconciliation with rebel leader Sharad Yadav, saying he is free to take any decision as the alliance with the BJP had the entire party's nod.
JD (U) Rajya Sabha member Ali Anwar Ansari, who was critical of the party's alliance with the BJP, was suspended from its parliamentary party for attending a meeting of opposition parties Friday night.
Ansari said that everyone, be it opposition parties, social leaders or anyone with human values, should unite against the "divisive forces" (BJP and RSS).
- Tigers Make Big Comeback To Beat Twins 12-11
- BidaskClub Downgrades Watsco, Inc. (WSO) to Hold
- WTA - Toronto - Caroline Wozniacki élimine Karolina Pliskova
- Vin Diesel Gives Update on 'Fast & Furious' Live Tour!
- Nationals Bryce Harper carried off field with apparent knee injury
- Jose Mourinho: I want to win everything with Man Utd this season
- Glendale College to host viewing of the Great American Eclipse
- Trump: Military solutions 'locked & loaded' against North Korea
- Merger of associate banks with SBI okayed
- Dow slips 100 points as tensions with N.Korea escalate