After the operation got over, Director General of Police of Jammu & Kashmir SP Vaid, tweeted, "Today morning 3 Terrorists Eliminated at Zainpora Shopian". The Army officers retaliated, leading to a gunfight.
Groups of people had earlier relocated to the encounter site and made repeated attempts to help the holed-up militants to escape the security dragnet, the witnesses and officials said. News agency ANI quoted the state's senior superintendent of police as saying that one militant had been killed. He later succumbed to his grave bullet injuries. The wounded policemen have been shifted to Srinagar for the treatment. Earlier, the youth clashed with the security forces in Awneera to break the cordon around the village on Saturday. Top police official told Mirror that the killed terrorists are identified as Irfan Sheikh, Umar Majeed and Adil Malik. Two Army men had lost their life in the gunfight yesterday, while three others were injured.
Suspect due in court in Hempstead slayings of 3 women
He has been charged with one count of attempted murder and three counts of second-degree murder and will be arraigned Sunday. Meanwhile, Bobby killed her sister's other friend Janel, who he found in a room upstairs, in the same manner.
Many civilians were injured when troops resorted to pellet firing on the protesters.
In a joint operation of 55 Rashtriya Rifles personnel, special operations group of police and Central Reserve Police Force, a mosque and four residential houses were blasted late last night in Awneera area.
The two martyred were identified as Sepoy Ilayaraja P, a resident of Tamil Nadu, and Sepoy Gawai Sumedh Waman from Maharashtra.
- Ultrapar Participacoes SA (UGP) Declares $0.27 Dividend
- Le naufrage d'un sous-marin artisanal cache-t-il un meurtre — Danemark
- UK Expected To Unveil Post-Brexit NI Border Plan This Week
- Mbappé sur le banc contre Dijon — Monaco
- Gorakhpur tragedy: 3 more children die, say reports
- Dortmund suspend Dembele indefinitely
- I want to return but
- What Ezekiel Elliott suspension means to the Cowboys' Super Bowl chances
- Lorenzo Insigne is the top target to replace Coutinho
- American Tourist In Germany Does Nazi Salute, Gets Beaten Up