The crash happened just a few hours after a auto plowed into a crowd of people peacefully protesting against the white nationalist rally.
President Donald Trump has been harshly criticised for his inadequate and "unpresidential" response to the deadly attack that took place earlier today in Virginia, following a white nationalist rally in the city of Charlottesville.
She says the attack was a reminder that evil still existed in the world but she remained confident Americans would be united.
President Trump has since condemned the violence.
A gray vehicle with OH license plates hit a crowd near the city's downtown mall, killing a 32-year-old woman.
Bretagne: trois personnes sauvées des flammes par des ados providentiels
Les pompiers sont intevernus pour éteindre les flammes mais n'ont pu sauver un homme de 85 ans bloqué par l'effondrement d'une structure.
"Go home", he said.
In related news, the Detroit Red Wings have issued a statement condemning and denying any connection to a Michigan-based group of white supremacists using the Red Wings logo.
"The shocking violence in Charlottesville - and the abhorrent ideology behind it - have no place in America or anywhere in the world", Garcettil wrote. The driver fled and was located and arrested moments later, police said.
Matt Korbon, a 22-year-old University of Virginia student, said several hundred counter-protesters were marching when "suddenly there was just this tire screeching sound".
Groups of white nationalists descended on Charlottesville to protest the planned removal of a statue of Confederate general Robert E. Lee.
Addressing reporters, Trump refused to name white supremacists or any specific group, blaming the violence "on many sides".
The rally's goal was to condemn a decision by the city to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.
- Coca Cola HBC AG (LON:CCH) Given "Hold" Rating at Shore Capital
- Secretary Mattis says USA is 'ready' to counter North Korean threat
- Jose Mourinho ready to offer Luke Shaw for Danny Rose
- Pandya ton lifts India to 487 in 3rd Test
- L'Anses confirme l'absence de risque pour la santé humaine — Fipronil
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play Leonardo da Vinci in new biopic
- Bain de foule pour Pierre-Ambroise Bosse à son retour à Paris
- Luxoft Holding (LXFT) Given Daily Media Impact Rating of 0.12
- Avec le même onze à Strasbourg — Lille
- North Korea refuses to stop nuclear weapon development, threatens U.S. over sanctions