The crash happened just a few hours after a auto plowed into a crowd of people peacefully protesting against the white nationalist rally.
President Donald Trump has been harshly criticised for his inadequate and "unpresidential" response to the deadly attack that took place earlier today in Virginia, following a white nationalist rally in the city of Charlottesville.
She says the attack was a reminder that evil still existed in the world but she remained confident Americans would be united.
President Trump has since condemned the violence.
A gray vehicle with OH license plates hit a crowd near the city's downtown mall, killing a 32-year-old woman.
Trump's statements on North Korea reminiscent of Bush's preventive war doctrine
Earlier in the day, Trump issued his sternest warning yet, saying the military is "locked and loaded" to respond to any provocation from North Korea .
"Go home", he said.
In related news, the Detroit Red Wings have issued a statement condemning and denying any connection to a Michigan-based group of white supremacists using the Red Wings logo.
"The shocking violence in Charlottesville - and the abhorrent ideology behind it - have no place in America or anywhere in the world", Garcettil wrote. The driver fled and was located and arrested moments later, police said.
Matt Korbon, a 22-year-old University of Virginia student, said several hundred counter-protesters were marching when "suddenly there was just this tire screeching sound".
Groups of white nationalists descended on Charlottesville to protest the planned removal of a statue of Confederate general Robert E. Lee.
Addressing reporters, Trump refused to name white supremacists or any specific group, blaming the violence "on many sides".
The rally's goal was to condemn a decision by the city to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.
- Attaque de Levallois : Hamou Benlatrèche transféré à l'hôpital Georges-Pompidou
- Pandya ton lifts India to 487 in 3rd Test
- Menace sur l'ile de Guam
- North Korea refuses to stop nuclear weapon development, threatens U.S. over sanctions
- Jose Mourinho ready to offer Luke Shaw for Danny Rose
- Secretary Mattis says USA is 'ready' to counter North Korean threat
- Ben Arfa poussé à négocier : la Turquie ou la CFA du PSG ?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play Leonardo da Vinci in new biopic
- Bretagne: trois personnes sauvées des flammes par des ados providentiels
- Cech : Arsenal's goalkeeper hails 'beautiful' Leicester game