Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina were overlooked by the selectors, while Dinesh Karthik and Rishabh Pant also missed the cut. Talented Karnataka batsman Manish Pandey has made his come back in the national team.
While Yuvraj's place in the side has been questioned by many for the longest time now, he has the backing of skipper Kohli despite a lean run with the bat and below-par fielding. However, Kohli will continue to captain the team, while Ashwin and Jadeja have been dropped from the limited over squad. Rohit Sharma is a certainty to again wear the blue jersey, but it's still not known whether the selectors would rest Rahul despite being fully fit. Experienced fast bowlers Umesh Yadav and Mohammed Shami have been rested, probably keeping in mind the option of an extra spinner in the spin-friendly Sri Lankan conditions.
An uncapped Shardul Thakur has also been drafted into the side, who will hope to make his ODI debut in the upcoming series.
Team India faces a hectic schedule in the season ahead which finds them playing a plethora of limited-overs matches against Australia and New Zealand, with Sri Lanka lined up for a full return tour towards the end of the year.
Secretary Mattis says USA is 'ready' to counter North Korean threat
Trump's initial "fire and fury" comments, saying Americans shouldn't be unsettled by recent rhetoric about the crisis. The two discussed responses to North Korean provocations and the security situation on the Korean peninsula, he said.
The five-match ODI series will begin on Sunday at Dambulla.
Manish Pandey, Shardul Thakur, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel and KL Rahul have been named in the 15-man squad.
The same squad will represent India in the one-off T20I that follows the ODI series.
- Burnley 3-2 Chelsea: Reigning Premier League champs shocked in opening game
- Bretagne: trois personnes sauvées des flammes par des ados providentiels
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Military Action Against North Korea Should Not Be an Option - US Congresswoman
- Jerusalem Light Rail Security Guard Wounded in Palestinian Terrorist Stabbing Spree
- BinckBank Tour: Dumoulin vainqueur final
- Photronics, Inc. (PLAB) Given Average Recommendation of "Hold" by Brokerages
- Korea seems to be prepared for fresh ICBM test
- Anthony Scaramucci: Trump Should Have Been 'Much Harsher' On White Supremacists
- I want to return but