20th Century TV has set Alison Bennett (FX's You're the Worst) to write a spinoff from the studio's long-running comedy series How I Met Your Mother.
After these two attempts, 20th is finally confident they've found their winning ingredients and Alison will pen the new series, starting from absolute scratch!
Submarine owner arrested over missing journalist
Madsen told authorities he had dropped her off back at their departure point at about 10:30 p.m. Madsen, whose submarine sunk near Køge on Friday, denies the charges.
Three years after 20th Century TV attempted to launch the show's spinoff with a CBS pilot, the studio is giving it another go, according to Deadline. But the duo's busy schedule on This Is Us, where they were elevated to executive producers/co-showrunners, did not allow them to focus on How I Met Your Father, which was to be developed internally and written on spec at the studio.
Deadline adds that the spin-off will be a brand new take on the "general concept of a young ensemble show", which was built around the device of one voice.
Bennett inked an overall deal with 20th TV in April, following her success on the Fox 21-produced You're the Worst. "She is completely original, hilariously amusing and a big, big talent". I hear it incorporates some of Bennett's personal experiences. The CBS sitcom's original creators, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are attached to executive produce the spin-off, though their involvement will be limited. She had been earmarked for the job as 20th TV executives felt she might be ideal for it when they sat down with her after signing her into an overall deal.
- Uber board 'disappointed' by Benchmark's lawsuit against former CEO
- Pep Guardiola forecasts end to Manchester City spending spree
- Donald Trump Says Maybe His Warning To North Korea 'Wasn't Tough Enough'
- Jose Mourinho hints at central midfield role for Victor Lindelöf
- Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO) Position Cut by Douglas Lane & Associates LLC
- Nationals Bryce Harper carried off field with apparent knee injury
- Ryan Howard Agrees to Minor League Contract with Colorado Rockies
- Premier League: City vient à bout de Brighton
- Oppenheimer Asset Management Inc. Takes Position in HealthEquity, Inc. (HQY)
- Internap Corporation (NASDAQ:INAP) Stake Raised by KCG Holdings Inc