Senior law enforcement official confirms that Virginia State Police troopers were killed in the helicopter crash this afternoon.
"Shortly before 5 p.m. (Saturday), a helicopter crashed into a wooded area near a residence on Old Farm Road". State police are on scene with Albemarle County police and fire units'. There are two confirmed fatalities.
Helicopters were reported flying overhead in Charlottesville as Gov. Terry McAuliffe declared a state of emergency after what is believed to be the largest gathering of white nationalists in a decade. Images from the scene showed part of an aircraft in a tree.
North Korea Displaces S. China Sea on ASEAN Agenda
Chinese Ambassador Liu Jieyi said the resolution does not intend to harm the North Korean people. Kang told CNN the meeting was "unplanned" and only lasted a "couple of minutes".
According to the Richmond Times-Dispatch, the crash took place near Birdwood Golf Course about five miles away from violent protests that resulted in one dead and dozens injured.
One person died earlier Saturday after a crowd plowed into a group of counter demonstrators in downtown Charlottesville.
There is speculation the helicopter was monitoring the situation in the city at the time of the crash.
- Lanús, el primero en anotarse a cuartos
- " "Le gouvernement néerlandais reconnaît " des erreurs " — Oeufs contaminés
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
- Di Maria, successeur annoncé de Neymar au Barça
- Perseid meteor shower will light up the sky
- Edris prive le roi Farah de son doublé !
- Derek Jeter's Group Buying Marlins For $1.2 Billion
- La France appelle à prévenir toute escalade — Corée du Nord
- Guardiola defends Man City's big spending
- Busiest month ever for Scots airports