One player the Frenchman is backing to adapt to the Premier League quickly is Arsenal's other new summer signing, Sead Kolasinac.
The electric start to the campaign, with a match on the Friday night opening the league programme for the first time, was the prologue for a fast match of punch and counter-punch.
"But I don't want him to go and in the end he made a decision to stay and it was one of the days of recent weeks for me because I know how important he is".
With less than a year remaining on Sanchez's current deal at the Emirates Stadium, the Chile global has been linked with a move away from the club and that he could even walk away for free at the end of the upcoming season.
ARSENAL manager Arsene Wenger said one of the "great days of recent weeks" was when striker Olivier Giroud passed up on the chance to leave the club.
"It was very clear by showing what he did past year was not enough for him", he said.
Himachal landslide buries two buses, claims 7 lives
Eight bodies have been recovered, including the driver and the conductor of Chamba depot Chanden Sharma and Satpal, respectively. Prime Minister Narendra Modi today condoled the deaths that occurred due to a landslide in Himachal Pradesh's Mandi district.
However, Arsenal's fans' joy was short-lived.
The plan for Leicester this season is to finish in the top ten and maybe go on a run in the FA Cup or League Cup. "West Ham can win at Manchester United, but I'd be happy if they came home with a point".
Regardless of the club, something the reporter makes pretty clear, the player was asked if he'd like to work under the Portuguese manager again: "Being honest, no doubts about it". However, just to remind you we have 33 players and they are all good players.
The Chilean striker is strongly linked with the exit door at present, having allowed his contract to enter its final 12 months, and has so far failed to agree terms on a new one.
The Serie A side have now said they will not increase their offer and Shakespeare is happy to have Mahrez in the team.
"Personally, I think he is a hugely talented player, he's on the way up and he will continue to move up because the potential is there", he said. "Riyad has been very focused".
- Emmanuel et Brigitte Macron en vacances à Marseille
- Dublin site searched in Trevor Deely investigation
- North Korea talk drags stocks lower; gold, yen rise
- Car Plows Into Protesters, Quickly Reverses in Charlottesville
- Equities fall on rising tension between US & North Korea
- Pandya ton lifts India to 487 in 3rd Test
- United Nations envoy stresses Tehran's support to solve political crisis in Yemen
- Une allocation de 440 millions d'euros pour le programme balistique — Iran
- U.S. stocks slip, snapping Dow's 10-day winning streak
- Ocampos libère les marseillais à la 87e minute — OM