Facebook anonymously launched a new photo-sharing app in China in a new effort to make inroads in the world's most populous country.
In its latest attempt to have an indirect presence in China, Facebook has authorized a local company to launch a photo-sharing application in the country in May, a new report has claimed.
The app was released by a local company and doesn't carry any of Facebook's branding.
But like a lot of USA companies, Facebook has had a hard time breaking through China's onerous digital censorship laws.
China is the largest online market in the works. "It also highlights how far they are willing to go, and their recognition of the idea that the standards for working in China differ from other countries", write the journalists.
It is unclear whether China's internet regulators were aware of the app's existence.
La Grande-Bretagne remporte le relais 4x100m masculin, Bolt au sol
Mais sa cuisse gauche l'a trahi et après une grimace de stupeur, le Jamaïcain s'est étalé de tout son long, face contre piste. La Grande Bretagne a remporté l'or en 4x100m aux championnats du Monde de Londres.
Last month, in a crackdown on Internet services by the government, Apple had removed all major VPN apps from the App Store in China.
"We have long said that we are interested in China, and are spending time understanding and learning more about the country in different ways".
It's no secret how badly Facebook wants to take on the Chinese market. Videos of him speaking Mandarin have gone viral, as did a photo of him jogging on a dangerously smoggy day through Tiananmen Square in Beijing.
According to the documents, Youge's executive director is a woman named Zhang Jingmei.
Colorful Balloons was released early this year through a separate Chinese company, the New York Times reported. Even Colorful Balloons relies heavily on Chinese social platform WeChat to function.
Please Wait while comments are loading.
- London 2017: Farah fails to win 5000m gold, settles for silver
- " "Le gouvernement néerlandais reconnaît " des erreurs " — Oeufs contaminés
- Silver Wheaton Corp (NYSE:WPM) Earning Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Accern Reports
- Two tornadoes confirmed in southwestern Ontario on Friday
- Victoria Azarenka to miss US Open amid nasty custody battle
- Olympics: LA approves host city contract for 2028 Games
- Florida school offers front of the lunch line passes for $100
- Guardiola defends Man City's big spending
- Edris prive le roi Farah de son doublé !
- Tennis: Federer dans la peau du seul favori à Montréal