Two American service members died in Iraq early Sunday in what authorities described as an incident not related to enemy combat, ABC News reported.
Two United States military personnel were killed and five injured in what initial reports indicated was an internal "incident" in northern Iraq on Sunday, a statement from the US-led coalition fighting against Islamic State (IS) said.
"The entire counter-ISIS coalition sends our deepest condolences to these heroes' families, friends and teammates", Townsend said in a statement.
Alexis Sanchez Out of Arsenal's EPL Opener Due to Abdominal Strain
Arsenal had seen nearly 75% of the ball in the first 20 minutes and Welbeck had Arsenal's best chance since Lacazette's opener. The post Premier League Opener: Arsenal Edge City In Seven-Goal Thriller appeared first on Channels Television .
As of June, there were now around 6,100 USA military personnel on the ground in Iraq as part of the multinational campaign to eliminate ISIS, according to the Department of Defense.
After a nine-month battle to oust ISIS from its last urban stronghold in Mosul, Iraqi forces - closely supported by the US -led coalition - are preparing to retake the ISIS-held town of Tal Afar west of the city.
Iraq's prime minister declared victory against IS in Mosul in July, and Iraqi forces are now preparing to retake the IS-held town of Tel Afar, to the west.
- UK Expected To Unveil Post-Brexit NI Border Plan This Week
- Anthony Scaramucci: Trump Should Have Been 'Much Harsher' On White Supremacists
- Weekend tropical outlook: A depression could develop in the Atlantic
- Darjeeling unrest: Rajnath Singh invites GJM for talks today
- Ben Davies finishes off lovely Tottenham team move against Newcastle
- Photronics, Inc. (PLAB) Given Average Recommendation of "Hold" by Brokerages
- American Tourist In Germany Does Nazi Salute, Gets Beaten Up
- Indian ODI squad to face Sri Lanka announced
- Ultrapar Participacoes SA (UGP) Declares $0.27 Dividend
- Monsoon floods, landslides in Nepal, India kill around 70