Two American service members died in Iraq early Sunday in what authorities described as an incident not related to enemy combat, ABC News reported.
Two United States military personnel were killed and five injured in what initial reports indicated was an internal "incident" in northern Iraq on Sunday, a statement from the US-led coalition fighting against Islamic State (IS) said.
"The entire counter-ISIS coalition sends our deepest condolences to these heroes' families, friends and teammates", Townsend said in a statement.
Anthony Scaramucci: Trump Should Have Been 'Much Harsher' On White Supremacists
Scaramucci had boasted that he reported directly to the president and not the former Chief of Staff Reince Priebus . Breitbart has close ties with the alt-right movement, an ideology that can be associated with white nationalism.
As of June, there were now around 6,100 USA military personnel on the ground in Iraq as part of the multinational campaign to eliminate ISIS, according to the Department of Defense.
After a nine-month battle to oust ISIS from its last urban stronghold in Mosul, Iraqi forces - closely supported by the US -led coalition - are preparing to retake the ISIS-held town of Tal Afar west of the city.
Iraq's prime minister declared victory against IS in Mosul in July, and Iraqi forces are now preparing to retake the IS-held town of Tel Afar, to the west.
- Monsoon floods, landslides in Nepal, India kill around 70
- Photronics, Inc. (PLAB) Given Average Recommendation of "Hold" by Brokerages
- Korea seems to be prepared for fresh ICBM test
- " "Meunier lâche un " scoop " sur Aurier — PSG
- Lorenzo Insigne is the top target to replace Coutinho
- Luxoft Holding (LXFT) Given Daily Media Impact Rating of 0.12
- Avec le même onze à Strasbourg — Lille
- BinckBank Tour: Dumoulin vainqueur final
- Ben Davies finishes off lovely Tottenham team move against Newcastle
- Virginia State Police Investigating Fatal Helicopter Crash in Albemarle County