Although Chelsea have brought in Tiemoue Bakayoko to replace their Serbian midfielder, they are well short of numbers on the bench, with just 14 experienced players available.
According to Matt Law's report in the Telegraph, Chelsea have yet to follow-up on a rejected £15 million bid made "earlier in the window" for Leicester City for midfielder Danny Drinkwater, who's now sidelined with a thigh injury.
However, Antonio Conte is not ready to give up in his pursuit of the 27-year old, and he is ready to test City's resolve with a fresh offer.
However, the same report says that Chelsea are yet to return with a second bid after failing with an opening offer of just £15m for the England worldwide. Such a strong interest in Danny Drinkwater comes as a result of Nemanja Matic's sale to Manchester United.
Drinkwater is said to be keen to move to the London club, despite not being guaranteed a place in the starting XI.
US's Trump Says Military Option Not Ruled Out For Venezuela
Venezuelan Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza has issued a statement on behalf of the nation in response to U.S. Trump has been blasting Maduro's moves to consolidate power , describing him as a " dictator ".
However, the England global is reportedly not concerned and is keen to test himself at Stamford Bridge.
As revealed by Telegraph Sport, Leicester have already rejected one offer from Chelsea of around £15 million for Drinkwater this summer.
The report says the Foxes have put a £40m price-tag on the midfielder - the same fee the Blues received for Matic.
"I think we've got owners who want to keep their best players, and the reality is we're living with the current situation of the transfer window".
- Marshawn Lynch sits for national anthem prior to preseason game against Cardinals
- Retira Macri condecoración a Maduro
- Inmovilizan en España 20 mil huevos contaminados
- Why did the NCP skip the joint opposition meet
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc
- Kylie Jenner & Jordyn Woods Confront Store Selling Fake Lip Kits
- Action again North Korea's ballistic missiles a hard call for US
- Magnitude 6.5 quake hits Indonesia's Sumatra island, tremors felt in Singapore
- Patel thanks Sharad Yadav for support
- Macron warns against 'escalation of tensions' over N Korea