Although Chelsea have brought in Tiemoue Bakayoko to replace their Serbian midfielder, they are well short of numbers on the bench, with just 14 experienced players available.
According to Matt Law's report in the Telegraph, Chelsea have yet to follow-up on a rejected £15 million bid made "earlier in the window" for Leicester City for midfielder Danny Drinkwater, who's now sidelined with a thigh injury.
However, Antonio Conte is not ready to give up in his pursuit of the 27-year old, and he is ready to test City's resolve with a fresh offer.
However, the same report says that Chelsea are yet to return with a second bid after failing with an opening offer of just £15m for the England worldwide. Such a strong interest in Danny Drinkwater comes as a result of Nemanja Matic's sale to Manchester United.
Drinkwater is said to be keen to move to the London club, despite not being guaranteed a place in the starting XI.
Deutsche Telekom AG (DTE) Given a €18.20 Price Target at UBS AG
TRADEMARK VIOLATION WARNING: This report was first published by Markets Daily and is owned by of Markets Daily. Shares of Deutsche Bank AG (FRA: DBK ) traded down 0.894% during midday trading on Friday, hitting €14.295.
However, the England global is reportedly not concerned and is keen to test himself at Stamford Bridge.
As revealed by Telegraph Sport, Leicester have already rejected one offer from Chelsea of around £15 million for Drinkwater this summer.
The report says the Foxes have put a £40m price-tag on the midfielder - the same fee the Blues received for Matic.
"I think we've got owners who want to keep their best players, and the reality is we're living with the current situation of the transfer window".
- Kylie Jenner & Jordyn Woods Confront Store Selling Fake Lip Kits
- The Term 'Eclipse' Gets Another Moment in the Sun
- Jerry Jones keeping positive public front day after Ezekiel Elliott suspension
- Glendale College to host viewing of the Great American Eclipse
- Tragic: Young man dies in road crash in Dublin
- Macron warns against 'escalation of tensions' over N Korea
- BidaskClub Downgrades Watsco, Inc. (WSO) to Hold
- Roger Federer cruises into the Rogers Cup semifinals
- Trump: Military solutions 'locked & loaded' against North Korea
- Day races against nightfall at PGA Championship