Kenya's Margaret Wambui, bronze medallist at both the world indoors and Olympics previous year, won that heat, but Arzamasova's season's best of 2:01.92 was not fast enough to see her bag one of the faster loser places. The South African was fifth going through the bell in a fast pace of 57.98sec.
Niyonsaba herself finished strongly to take the silver medal, with Wilson easing down in the final meters knowing she had secured a medal.
Odisha swine flu toll rises to six
The official said 16 of 28 samples tested positive for swine flu on Sunday, as the number of affected persons increased to 103. Around 70 per cent of the dengue cases this year have contracted infection from other states, said Meherda.
Hitting the home straight, Wilson and Niyonsaba were neck and neck before Semenya moved smoothly outside the lead duo and motored through the line for a convincing victory.
The 26-year-old South African was one of a number of women taking medication to lower her testosterone level until 2015 when the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) suspended an IAAF rule that enforced a limit on naturally occurring levels.
Semenya has studiously avoided the controversy, instead concentrating on her track performances and she won a bronze in the highly competitive 1500m on Monday in the opening race of her ambitious bid for a distance double.
"Yes, of course", said the two-time world gold medallist Semenya when asked whether she thought she could again medal in the two-lap race.
- Ex Al Shababa Leader Surrenders To Southwest State
- Muslim woman wins $85k case
- BCE appelle à l'égalité dans l'héritage entre les deux sexes
- HubSpot, Inc. (NYSE:HUBS) Shares Bought by State Street Corp
- Lexington Mayor to Relocate Confederate Statues Amid Charlottesville Events
- Justin Bieber Allegedly Rejected By Gym Employee!
- Migrants : des ONG obligées de suspendre les sauvetages en mer
- Météo - Début de journée pluvieux samedi avant des éclaircies l'après-midi
- 'N Korean missiles can reach Guam in 14 minutes'
- Suspect due in court in Hempstead slayings of 3 women