"We scored three good goals and I think when you are talking about who you are playing against and where you are playing, that's up there as one of the best 45 minutes of my time here", said the manager, who joined Burnley in 2012.
When asked if Pawson got the big decisions right, Conte replied: "Mmm.I prefer to not comment on the referee's decision and performance".
"We must pay attention and try to keep our heads the rest of the game".
Boos greeted both the halftime and fulltime whistle as Chelsea fans encountered the unusual feeling of a home loss under Conte, after 17 wins in 19 league games at Stamford Bridge last season. Last year, then-champion Leicester lost at Hull 2-1 in its first match and its fortunes improved only after manager Claudio Ranieri was sacked.
Morata came off the Chelsea bench just before the hour as the club-record signing replaced Batshuayi, although there was no sign of Diego Costa following the striker's high-profile falling-out with Conte.
"We conceded three goals too easily". It's a big win for us, even with 10 men they're a fine side.
L'Anses confirme l'absence de risque pour la santé humaine — Fipronil
Il s'agit toutefois d'un produit modérément toxique , selon l'Organisation mondiale de la santé (OMS). Résultat, les Belges n'ont alerté la Commission européenne que le 20 juillet.
"Instead we conceded three goals and in the second half it was very hard to change the final result despite the great commitment, will and desire of my players".
Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino, and Mo Salah scored for Liverpool, which was without Coutinho amid interest in the playmaker from Barcelona.
Antonio Conte might not be happy with the lack of discipline shown by his senior players, but the spirit and fight shown by his side should be a positive sign, although Chelsea must avoid these self-inflicted wounds in the future.
Frank de Boer made a losing start as Palace manager after a Joel Ward own goal and a Steve Mounie double earned Huddersfield a 3-0 win on their return to the top flight after an absence of 45 years.
Wayne Rooney crowned his first appearance for formative club Everton since 2004 by notching the victor in a 1-0 win over Stoke City, heading in Dominic Calvert-Lewin's cross for his 199th Premier League goal.
He left Everton in 2004 as a precocious teenager.
West Bromwich Albion beat Bournemouth 1-0 thanks to a goal on his debut by defender Ahmed Hegazi. The Belgian was used primarily as a back-to-goal target man, with 55.6 per cent of his passes played backward.
- Trump Tells Guam Governor Nuclear Tensions Will Mean More Tourism
- Donald Trump to launch investigation into China trade violations
- Andrea Dovizioso s'impose en MotoGP après un duel intense contre Marc Marquez
- Jerusalem Light Rail Security Guard Wounded in Palestinian Terrorist Stabbing Spree
- Trump's statements on North Korea reminiscent of Bush's preventive war doctrine
- Korea seems to be prepared for fresh ICBM test
- Jose Mourinho ready to offer Luke Shaw for Danny Rose
- BinckBank Tour: Dumoulin vainqueur final
- Gold surges as United States and North Korea ratchet up nuclear tensions
- Ivanka Trump said the things her father wouldn't on Charlottesville