But Leicester couldn't resist a relentless final 15 minutes from Wenger's side, and Giroud's win was a cruel blow to a side that had offered so much to an exhilarating 90 minutes.
Everton are known to in the market for a new striker this summer, and following Arsenal's £52m purchase of Alexandre Lacazette, Giroud was heavily linked with a move to Goodison Park where he would be more likely to be the main striker.
Arsenal were twice behind against Craig Shakespeare's side. "You want the Premier League to be the best league in the world and I think it has to produce this kind of games to produce interest and quality", he said. He's a fantastic guy and he's committed. "It was one of the great days".
"I opened the door for him, because I knew we had many strikers, but he's really loved here and he made a decision to stay".
Wenger acknowledged it would be hard to give playing time to all of his attackers, but was happy with all the contributions on Friday night.
"It's different to the French league, but I knew that already". You can not keep the strikers happy when they don't play. "They all deserve to play".
Darjeeling unrest: Rajnath Singh invites GJM for talks today
This is the second time when Rajnath has called for talks in the recent past. This is published unedited from the IANS feed .
Giroud was the match victor for Arsenal.
"I felt that to lose tonight would have been awful for us because we had such good preparation and to sit there in the morning and think we had lost at home would have been bad", he said. We had a lot of experienced defenders out injured for the game.
"We've been courageous to the end and thank God we won the game".
For Leicester, the roller-coaster game was giving glimpses of the style they showed to win the league 15 months ago - but for Wenger things just got that bit worse.
"We started really well and I thought we could stay in control". It was that man Vardy again who headed home from a Riyad Mahrez corner and you just have to wonder what the Gunners' defence was thinking as they let Vardy go completely undetected.
"We had quite a few chances".
- BinckBank Tour: Dumoulin vainqueur final
- Korea seems to be prepared for fresh ICBM test
- Indian ODI squad to face Sri Lanka announced
- Dortmund suspend Dembele indefinitely
- Le naufrage d'un sous-marin artisanal cache-t-il un meurtre — Danemark
- Military Action Against North Korea Should Not Be an Option - US Congresswoman
- Photronics, Inc. (PLAB) Given Average Recommendation of "Hold" by Brokerages
- Weekend tropical outlook: A depression could develop in the Atlantic
- Ben Davies finishes off lovely Tottenham team move against Newcastle
- Ultrapar Participacoes SA (UGP) Declares $0.27 Dividend