I don't know if it is two weeks or one more week, but he will not be available.
"I felt that to lose tonight would have been bad for us because we had such good preparation and to sit there in the morning and think we had lost at home would have been awful", he said.
"It can happen in pre-season and anyway, I don't think I would have included him on Friday night. I don't think I would have started him", he said. He is focused. Of course when you have treatment on a medical bench, it's not easy'.
On Sanchez and Ozil's final year of contract, Wenger said: "When a player goes into the final year of their contract we will try to extend the contract because there is no reason we shouldn't do it, but we are not there yet". We are not there yet'.
Paris Considers eSports for 2024 Olympic Games
Paris will be awarded the 2024 games next month at an International Olympic Committee gathering in Lima, Peru, barring any setbacks.
But Wenger said he had not heard from PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi and referred to French media reports suggesting PSG are more interested in signing Monaco's Kylian Mbappe.
'He was busy completing the transfer of Neymar. I have had no contact at all with PSG.
"I can't tell you that at the moment", said the Frenchman, whose side open their Premier League campaign at home to Leicester City on Friday.
Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain would like to sign the Chile forward, but Arsene Wenger is growing increasingly confident he will stay. "I believe he will be a very great player".
Players like Mesut Ozil, Aaron Ramsey and Per Mertesacker are also uncertain for the Leicester clash.
'I have players coming back who have not played, like Mustafi.
- Can A New War Finally Kill the Bull Market?
- Rogers Cup: Roger Federer beats Robin Haase in Montreal semi-finals
- U.S. stocks slip, snapping Dow's 10-day winning streak
- North Korea talk drags stocks lower; gold, yen rise
- L'observation des perséides sera difficile cette année
- Sanchez out of Arsenal's league opener
- Equities fall on rising tension between US & North Korea
- Car Plows Into Protesters, Quickly Reverses in Charlottesville
- Ocampos libère les marseillais à la 87e minute — OM
- Shares hit by US-North Korea tensions