A day after CC Sabathia was placed on the 10-day disabled list with discomfort in the right knee, Masahiro Tanaka is joining him with right shoulder inflammation, the Yankees announced early Saturday afternoon.
"We decided he needs a break", Girardi said. "From a strength standpoint he comes out fine", said Girardi before referring to a magnetic resonance imaging test.
"You can MRI every pitcher and you're gonna find some inflammation somewhere", Girardi added.
North Korea Has Markets Nervous But Not Panicked
USA crude CLcv1 fell 0.55 percent to $49.12 per barrel and Brent LCOcv1 was last at $52.03, down 0.65 percent on the day. Office Depot tumbled 22.4 percent after the office supplies retailer's quarterly results came in below estimates.
Tanaka's latest injury is not believed to be related to the partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow that he sustained in July 2014. "I've had a tough time getting the soreness out of the area".
Tanaka's E.R.A. this season is the highest of his career by more than a run.
But Tanaka was having his best month in August, having allowed just three earned runs in 10 innings. Tanaka walked a career-high five batters in just four-plus innings on Wednesday night, an 11-5 Yankees win over the Blue Jays in Toronto. Brian Mitchell and Luis Cessa are options to temporarily replace him in the rotation.
- Haryana stalking case: Vikas Barala sent to judicial custody till August 25
- This is why Littlefinger panicked when Bran said 'chaos is a ladder'
- Authorities search for inmate escaped from Cowley County facility
- BidaskClub Downgrades Colliers International Group Inc
- Trump, Macron to work together on N. Korea
- AI beats top 'Dota 2' players in one-on-one matches
- Cat Found And Jailed For Crime Of Helping Vile Cardinals
- Alexis Sanchez out for ´a while´, confirms Wenger
- North Korea threatens physical actions after United Nations sanctions
- Australia says it would come to US aid in attack — The Latest