A day after CC Sabathia was placed on the 10-day disabled list with discomfort in the right knee, Masahiro Tanaka is joining him with right shoulder inflammation, the Yankees announced early Saturday afternoon.
"We decided he needs a break", Girardi said. "From a strength standpoint he comes out fine", said Girardi before referring to a magnetic resonance imaging test.
"You can MRI every pitcher and you're gonna find some inflammation somewhere", Girardi added.
Trump, Macron to work together on N. Korea
Trump's warning came after the North Korea threatened to fire ballistic missiles over Japan towards the US Pacific island of Guam. Trump also reiterated their mutual commitment to denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula, it added.
Tanaka's latest injury is not believed to be related to the partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow that he sustained in July 2014. "I've had a tough time getting the soreness out of the area".
Tanaka's E.R.A. this season is the highest of his career by more than a run.
But Tanaka was having his best month in August, having allowed just three earned runs in 10 innings. Tanaka walked a career-high five batters in just four-plus innings on Wednesday night, an 11-5 Yankees win over the Blue Jays in Toronto. Brian Mitchell and Luis Cessa are options to temporarily replace him in the rotation.
- Trump Cautious on China Inquiry Over Intellectual Property Theft
- Sa nièce se filme en train de mettre son bébé au frigo
- Buccaneers cut Roberto Aguayo one year after trading up to draft kicker
- Supermarket Egg Sandwiches And Salads Are Being Recalled Over A Contamination Scare
- Australia says it would come to US aid in attack — The Latest
- Liberty Media Corporation - Ser (NASDAQ:FWONK) Experiences Heavier than Usual Trading Volume
- N. Korea nerves push stocks down for third day
- Authorities search for inmate escaped from Cowley County facility
- North Korea Has Markets Nervous But Not Panicked
- This is why Littlefinger panicked when Bran said 'chaos is a ladder'