A fighter jet has crash landed at Bahrain International Airport, disrupting flights to and from the island nation.
Images on social media showed the grey fighter jet's nose tipped into the air but largely intact after what the Navy described as an "uncontrollable" landing.
It wasn't immediately clear which branch of the U.S. military the aircraft belonged to, though Bahrain is home to the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet.
Urban says the F-18 took off from the USS Nimitz, an aircraft carrier now in the Persian Gulf.Читайте также: 64% des Français sont mécontents de l'action d'Emmanuel Macron
The pilot ejected - and was unharmed - as the aircraft continued the runway excursion. Bill Urban, a fleet spokesman. Initially it has attempted to land at Sheikh Isa base but went on to the global airport where it touched down on the runway but could not stop.
Naval officials began an investigation into the crash and were trying to help the airport resume operations, Urban said. Flights to and from Bahrain were disrupted after the crash.
Bahrain hosts 8,000 United States troops, mostly sailors attached to a sprawling based called the Naval Support Activity.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Arsenal vs. Leicester City
- Brad Pitt y Angelina Jolie detienen el proceso de divorcio
- Canadian pastor returns home after release from North Korean prison
- SC warns citizens of 'Lizard Man' sightings during solar eclipse
- Corea del Nord - Stati Uniti, le provocazioni continuano
- Ligue 2: puni par Sochaux, Lens sombre (déjà) dans la crise
- Syrian army gains ground on Jordan border in southwest
- Le scandale des oeufs contaminés touche la France
- Women won't be told to give birth naturally
- Le risque serait faible — Oeufs contaminés