The President said he wanted to give his "highest respect and regards" to the people of Guam and that the military is rock solid "we've got the best in the world", he added.
"I wish there would be less partisanship up there", Calvo told Trump.
"You know, they're showing so much, it's such a big story in the news and it just looks like a lovely place", he says. "You have South Korean there, and Japan", he noted, "so before something reaches Guam, I'm sure Japan and the South Koreans do something before it reaches Guam".
Calvo said he "never felt more safe or so confident" with Trump "at the helm". "But you're going to be taken care of".
"Don't worry about a thing and they should have had me eight years ago, or at least somebody with my thought process, because that was the time", Trump said. "Everyone is anxious, but I told them let's live your lives like normal", AcFalle said.
Governor Calvo said "as the head of the government of Guam, I appreciate [the US government's] reassurances that my family, my friends, everyone on this island, are all safe".
UP madrasas told to celebrate Independence Day, event to be videograped
The CBSE circular had also listed similar cultural activities which could be organized by all affiliated schools on August 15. Sources said that in the past, some madrasas had argued that their students know only Urdu and were not fluent in Hindi.
She explains overall, people living on the island are very calm and vigilant, but they are not strangers to what is going on in the world - and how they are positioned on the map.
Calvo agrees, saying, "It's paradise".
When news broke of North Korea's threat broke, he says he was distraught.
The two-page fact sheet includes tips like "do not look at the flash or fireball - it can blind you", "remove your clothing to keep radioactive material from spreading", and "take a shower with lots of soap and water to help remove radioactive contamination".
In a separate interview, Secretary Delfin Lorenzana of the Department of National Defense admitted the government was watching with concern the rising tension between the U.S. and North Korea.
New United Nations sanctions condemning the North's rapidly developing nuclear program drew fresh ire and threats from Pyongyang.
- Arsenal score two late goals for comeback win vs. Leicester City
- Jaitley: Forces have enough ammo to face any situation
- Sanchez to miss start of season for Arsenal
- Liverpool to reject bids for Coutinho amid Barca interest
- Police searching for runaway teen, former sex trafficking victim
- USA's Emma Coburn, Courtney Frerichs Pull Off Historic Steeplechase Gold, Silver
- Hillary Clinton en caftan marocain à un mariage (Photos)
- Some schools are closing on eclipse day
- Applebee's, IHOP to close up to 160 restaurants
- UNF faculty member & former UN Ambassador criticizes Trump's "fire and fury"