Trump continued to exchange pleasantries with Calvo, saying that the governor had "become famous", and suggesting that he would visit the U.S. territory in the future.
"So, with all the criticism going on over there for a guy who's doing what's positive, we need a president like you". Good morning. I just wanted to pay my respects, and we are with you 1,000%.
"The people of Guam know that they're protected, they know that they're safe". But then the conversation took a unusual turn when Donald Trump took the opportunity to throw shade on President Obama and assure Calvo that this standoff is actually great for Guam's tourism economy.
"You've become extremely famous", he told Mr Calvo of the global news coverage following North Korea's threat.
"You know, they're showing so much, it's such a big story in the news and it just looks like a attractive place", he says.
Calvo agrees, saying, "It's paradise".
"It just looks like a attractive place", Mr Trump said.
"I'm just so thankful".
European markets open lower on Friday
The data comes amid tepid inflation that has remained below the Federal Reserve's 2 percent target, despite low unemployment. Office Depot tumbled 22.4 percent after the office supplies retailer's quarterly results came in below estimates.
"As far as I'm concerned, as an American citizen, I want a president that says that if any nation such as North Korea attacks Guam. that they will be met with hell and fury", Calvo said Wednesday on Fox News' "Tucker Carlson Tonight".
Referring to an "imminent missile threat", it includes advice like: "Do not look at the flash or fireball - it can blind you".
"We are the best in the world by a factor of five", he says.
The Government has instructed residents to be proactive and create emergency supply kits, a family emergency plan and a list of concrete shelters in their vicinity.
Responding to the threats, Trump has threatened North Korea with "fire and fury" as well as tweeting that the United States was "locked and loaded".
In an earlier call, White House Chief of Staff John Kelly told Calvo: "We are all over this".
"I wish there would be less partisanship up there, this is a time of threats to the United States", said Calvo.
- Crystal Palace vs Huddersfield Town
- Un gâteau centenaire "parfaitement préservé" retrouvé dans un cabanon en Antarctique
- Giroud confirms Arsenal stay after opening-day victor
- Le risque serait faible — Oeufs contaminés
- Syrian army gains ground on Jordan border in southwest
- Memorial service held for Justine Damond shot by Minneapolis police officer
- After voting for sanctions, China tells North Korea to act 'smart'
- SC warns citizens of 'Lizard Man' sightings during solar eclipse
- Oeufs contaminés : des lots frelatés vendus en France
- Le scandale des oeufs contaminés touche la France