US President Donald Trump on Saturday held a phone conversation with his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron, stressing that the United States is ready to apply all available measures, including the military ones, to settle the North Korean nuclear issue, the White House said.
The White House said two leaders spoke over phone to discuss the escalating tension after North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un threatened the U.S. this week to fire missiles at Guam, a USA island territory, after the United States sponsored a resolution imposing new economic sanctions on Pyongyang over its missile and nuclear weapons programmes.
In recent days, Trump and the North Korean regime have engaged in heated rhetoric about the Asian nation's nuclear weapons program. "President Trump stated that the United States is ready, along with its allies, to apply the full range of diplomatic, economic and military measures to achieve that goal", the readout of the phone call released by the White House said".
Women won't be told to give birth naturally
But she conceded that it had "created the wrong idea" and would be ended. She denied that the policy had compromised safety.
The Chinese foreign ministry said Xi urged Trump to avoid "words and deeds" that would "exacerbate" the already-tense situation, exercise restraint and seek a political settlement.
Trump's warning came after the North Korea threatened to fire ballistic missiles over Japan towards the US Pacific island of Guam.
Trump also reiterated their mutual commitment to denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula, it added.
- Canadian pastor returns home after release from North Korean prison
- China investigates Internet giants for illegal online content
- Cat Found And Jailed For Crime Of Helping Vile Cardinals
- Late goal gives Arsenal EPL thriller win
- Le scandale des oeufs contaminés touche la France
- Red Wings denounce use of logo at white nationalist rally
- Zidane confirme qu'il va prolonger au Real Madrid
- Tech companies leads broad slide in U.S. stocks; oil slumps
- Everton vs Stoke 12 Aug 2017: EPL Preview and Predictions
- Crystal Palace vs Huddersfield Town