US President Donald Trump on Saturday held a phone conversation with his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron, stressing that the United States is ready to apply all available measures, including the military ones, to settle the North Korean nuclear issue, the White House said.
The White House said two leaders spoke over phone to discuss the escalating tension after North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un threatened the U.S. this week to fire missiles at Guam, a USA island territory, after the United States sponsored a resolution imposing new economic sanctions on Pyongyang over its missile and nuclear weapons programmes.
In recent days, Trump and the North Korean regime have engaged in heated rhetoric about the Asian nation's nuclear weapons program. "President Trump stated that the United States is ready, along with its allies, to apply the full range of diplomatic, economic and military measures to achieve that goal", the readout of the phone call released by the White House said".
Syrian army gains ground on Jordan border in southwest
He made more than 330 000 dead and millions of displaced persons and refugees. The fourth zone, in northwestern Idlib province, has yet not become active.
The Chinese foreign ministry said Xi urged Trump to avoid "words and deeds" that would "exacerbate" the already-tense situation, exercise restraint and seek a political settlement.
Trump's warning came after the North Korea threatened to fire ballistic missiles over Japan towards the US Pacific island of Guam.
Trump also reiterated their mutual commitment to denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula, it added.
- Trisha Paytas lashes out at housemates after quitting CBB
- 64% des Français sont mécontents de l'action d'Emmanuel Macron
- Le scandale des oeufs contaminés touche la France
- United Kingdom police launch manhunt for suspect in North London murders
- Guam Governor Says Trump Told Him North Korea Threats Will Increase Tourism
- Trump ramps up Guam assurances over N. Korea threat
- Grant Perry Fully Reinstated
- Red Wings denounce use of logo at white nationalist rally
- Ligue 2: puni par Sochaux, Lens sombre (déjà) dans la crise
- Paris veut des échanges "plus rapides" avec ses voisins européens — Oeufs contaminés