The Washington Post's report came out quickly after North Korea threatened to take "justified actions" in response to a series of sanctions approved by the United Nations Security Council last weekend.
He says an announcement is planned soon.
US President Donald Trump boasted about his country's nuclear arsenal Wednesday as tensions escalated over North Korea's nuclear and missile programs. And he insists his administration has "done a lot of modernization" and "a lot of renovation" already. Trump is issuing a new warning over the North's development of nuclear weapons.
There was likely more to the decision to land on the tiny USA territory than just a need to refill the tank, however: Less than 24 hours prior, North Korea had threatened to nuke the island after President Trump spouted off some incendiary and completely careless comments about raining down "fire and fury" on the isolated dictatorship, and so somebody needed to calm everybody the fuck down and reassure the world we're not on the brink of nuclear warfare. Former U.S. Sen. Gordon Humphrey said he wants Trump stripped of his executive powers under the 25th Amendment.
We're buying three more players - Guardiola
The Seagulls have won just one of their last five opening fixtures to a league season (D1 L3). We are going to see at the end of the season what happens, knowing how hard it is".
The president was addressing reporters during his vacation at his New Jersey golf club before a security briefing with top advisers.
Kingston Reif, who researches nuclear disarmament at the Arms Control Association, pointed out that the United States has long had powerful nuclear capabilities.
Pyongyang says its intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) are a legitimate means of defence against perceived U.S. hostility, including joint military drills with South Korea.
North Korea has made no secret of its plans to develop a nuclear-tipped missile able to strike the U.S. and has ignored all calls to halt its weapons programmes.
The United States and South Korea remain technically still at war with North Korea after the 1950-53 Korean conflict ended with a truce, not a peace treaty.
- Recent Research Analysts' Ratings Changes for CyrusOne (CONE)
- Mumbai Police arrest Ola cab driver for allegedly molesting passenger
- Markets extend losses as Korea tensions escalate
- Ronald Koeman: 'No hurry for Gylfi Sigurdsson'
- National Safe Digging Day Aug. 11 with Nebraska 811 Team
- OL : Pierre Ménès ratatine les deux héros de la victoire à Rennes !
- Isère. Une femme retrouvée morte avec une dizaine de coups de couteau
- Tillerson says no 'imminent threat' from North Korea
- Arabie Saoudite : arrêté pour avoir fait un "dab"
- Kyrie Irving Went Days Without Speaking To Teammates During Playoffs