Legend has it, around 2 a.m. one summer morning in 1988, Christopher Davis, a 17-year-old from Lee County, South Carolina, encountered a creature that eventually gathered global attention and is now known as "Lizard Man". Considering that the eclipse is a space event, you might think the warning is simply an amusing alert to keep an eye out for UFOs, but that's really not the cast.
And with the Carolinas' history of "Lizard Man" and "Bigfoot" sightings, residents should be aware of the possibilities. "But we advise that residents of Lee and Sumter counties should remain ever vigilant".
Davis's story gathered global attention and reported "Lizard Man" sightings continued up to as recently as 2015, according to a story by The State newspaper. Described as a "red-eyed demon", the creature (or creatures?) have crossed paths with other SC residents in the years since, with several more reports of large lizard-like creatures helping to build the local lore.
MKM Partners Reaffirms "Buy" Rating for MBIA, Inc. (NYSE:MBI)
MKM Partners "Maintained" MBIA Inc (NYSE:MBI) in a research note issued to investors on 6/16/16 to Buy with price target of $12. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this hyperlink .
With several overlaps occurring in the Upstate, it's no surprise that the Greenville Police Department warned "If you see Bigfoot, please do not shoot" in a Facebook post Wednesday night that linked to a 2015 video of an alleged "bigfoot" running through the field of a neighboring town.
"It was a tall, dark figure that had a tail and appeared to have scales", Wilson told The Slate.
The "Lizard Man" was first spotted in 1988 by Christopher Davis, a then 17-year-old Lee County resident, according to previous Post and Courier reports. He claimed the "red-eyed devil" chased him down, jumping on the roof of his vehicle as the teen sped away. Davis was able to get into his auto and drive as the alleged creature jumped on the roof.
- Arsenal vs. Leicester City
- Manchester United next summer signing is "90% done"
- Map shows states predicted to have clear sky during total solar eclipse
- European markets open lower on Friday
- Juveniles copan lista preliminar de Uruguay para enfrentar a Argentina y Paraguay
- Google's native camera app now has selfie flash
- Liverpool and Arsenal make bids for Real Madrid ace Marco Asensio
- Pochettino forgives Danny Rose after criticism
- Zidane confirme qu'il va prolonger au Real Madrid
- Manchester United vs West Ham: Potential XI with three at the back