Legend has it, around 2 a.m. one summer morning in 1988, Christopher Davis, a 17-year-old from Lee County, South Carolina, encountered a creature that eventually gathered global attention and is now known as "Lizard Man". Considering that the eclipse is a space event, you might think the warning is simply an amusing alert to keep an eye out for UFOs, but that's really not the cast.
And with the Carolinas' history of "Lizard Man" and "Bigfoot" sightings, residents should be aware of the possibilities. "But we advise that residents of Lee and Sumter counties should remain ever vigilant".
Davis's story gathered global attention and reported "Lizard Man" sightings continued up to as recently as 2015, according to a story by The State newspaper. Described as a "red-eyed demon", the creature (or creatures?) have crossed paths with other SC residents in the years since, with several more reports of large lizard-like creatures helping to build the local lore.
Liverpool and Arsenal make bids for Real Madrid ace Marco Asensio
You can also follow all the action from Camp Nou right here on AS English , with our inimitable live coverage. The biggest challenge for a coach of a winning team is to keep players motivated for more success.
With several overlaps occurring in the Upstate, it's no surprise that the Greenville Police Department warned "If you see Bigfoot, please do not shoot" in a Facebook post Wednesday night that linked to a 2015 video of an alleged "bigfoot" running through the field of a neighboring town.
"It was a tall, dark figure that had a tail and appeared to have scales", Wilson told The Slate.
The "Lizard Man" was first spotted in 1988 by Christopher Davis, a then 17-year-old Lee County resident, according to previous Post and Courier reports. He claimed the "red-eyed devil" chased him down, jumping on the roof of his vehicle as the teen sped away. Davis was able to get into his auto and drive as the alleged creature jumped on the roof.
- Tillerson says no 'imminent threat' from North Korea
- Gov Calvo receives phone call from US President
- Guardiola returns to Manchester City drawing board
- Trump Claims Undue Credit for Revamping Nuclear Arsenal
- Corea del Nord - Stati Uniti, le provocazioni continuano
- PharMerica (PMC) Earns Daily Media Sentiment Score of 0.14
- OutKast's Big Boi Gifts 5-Year-Old Shooting Victim an Adorable Puppy
- Mystery Person Breaks Into Home, Cleans Man's Apartment
- Pochettino forgives Danny Rose after criticism
- Juveniles copan lista preliminar de Uruguay para enfrentar a Argentina y Paraguay