Sigurdsson has not featured for Swansea since a friendly against Barnet in early July and refused to travel with the rest of his team-mates on a pre-season tour of the U.S. with his head not in the right place mentally.
'We are at a critical stage of this situation and hope it's going to be resolved very quickly.
He said: "The situation is our club have a valuation and another club have a valuation and the two clubs have not met".
'The objective and the aim is that at some point the two clubs will meet.
"I think so because we haven't seen many outs and we've got good additions to the group", he said.
Ronald Koeman has told the Daily Mail that Everton are very close to tying up a deal for Swansea City's Gylfi Sigurdsson. I heard some rumours that talks broke down but still we are in negotiations with Swansea and I hear the comments of Paul Clement, and of course everybody likes to have news on that, that's better for us and for them. We have the experience of what we need to pay for players who came here and had one year of contract.
Mercato - Officiel : Un milieu brésilien signe à Nantes !
Andrei Girotto devrait être la prochaine recrue du FC Nantes pour remplacer Guillaume Gillet dans l'entrejeu. Sa visite médicale ce mercredi s'est bien déroulée.
For now, the Ivorian continues to train with City but it appears to be only a matter of time before he is on his way, with Swansea in pole position to re-sign a player who was a big fan favourite during his previous stint at the Welsh club.
Sigurdsson has three years left on his current deal but is heavily tipped to leave the Liberty Stadium this summer.
"What is going on is not abnormal", Clement said.
'But what you can't do is control the decision-making of the other club.
While this drags on, Swansea haven't got the use of their star player anyway, so what are they trying to achieve?
On potential targets to replace Sigurdsson - former striker Wilfried Bony and Nacer Chadli have both been linked - Clement added: 'I'm as confident as I can be from my talks with the owners and the chairman that if this goes through, that we're ready to go. Gylfi is training with us, but as a group we have to leave the situation for others to solve. "Let's hope we get an agreement as soon as possible". I know for sure they have the best interest of the club in mind.
- CNMI governor backs Trump's stance on North Korea
- Kenya : Uhuru Kenyatta réélu président, l'opposition dénonce une "mascarade"
- La vitamine B3 pourrait empêcher des fausses couches
- Citigroup Cuts Rating On Virtu Financial, Inc. (VIRT)
- Paddy Power Plc (LON:PAP) Downgraded to Hold at Numis Securities Ltd
- US Airstrikes Kill 16 Civilians in Afghanistan
- Williams Capital Reiterates $47.00 Price Target for RSP Permian, Inc. (RSPP)
- OL : Pierre Ménès ratatine les deux héros de la victoire à Rennes !
- UAE helicopter crashes in SE Yemen, crew injured
- Israël. Le doyen de l'humanité est mort à 113 ans