Joe Flacco will not play in the preseason, but the Ravens plan for him to start the regular-season opener in Cincinnati on September 10, the team announced.
While the Ravens would always like to have Flacco on the field to build chemistry with the rest of the offense, they don't want to risk Flacco aggravating his injury in a preseason game.
In a statement released on Friday, the team said Flacco's return date is much more definitive after a second examination. He will return to practice in the preseason, but he is not expected to play in these games.
Quarterback Joe Flacco will not play in any preseason games, but is expected to be under center for Week 1 against the Cincinnati Bengals on September 10.
Conte wants more Chelsea signings to cope with Champions League
There is no getting away from the fact if you look at the back of the programme at the weekend [the squad is small]. What happens in the transfer market, the club is trying to do their best.
The 32-year-old has been sidelined since July 26, when the full team reported to camp. Backup quarterback Ryan Mallett has struggled in training camp and the preseason at a time when the Ravens have expressed interest in controversial quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
In other Ravens injury news, offensive lineman Alex Lewis aggravated his shoulder, and it has not responded to treatment.
Today per the NFL Network, Murphy tore his ACL and MCL and will miss the 2017 season.
- Trump menace encore un peu plus la Corée du Nord
- OR mother who mistakenly suffocated newborn sues hospital for $8.6 million
- US Conducts Two Strikes Against Al-Shabaab Militants in Somalia
- Virginia governor orders National Guard on standby ahead of 'alt-right' rally
- Eagles trade Jordan Matthews to Buffalo for CB
- Pahlaj Nihalani sacked, Prasoon Joshi is new censor board chief
- Trader's Buzzers - Petroleo Brasileiro SA - Petrobras (PBR)
- UN Agency: Smugglers Throw 300 African Migrants Off Boats Headed to Yemen
- The YTD performance of Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT) stands at 36.04 percent
- Trent Murphy Suffers Knee Sprain, Leaves Game