"Prasoon Joshi as Chairperson of the Central Board of Film Certification in an honorary capacity from August 11, 2017 for a period of three years or until further orders, whichever is earlier", a statement from the government said.
Filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri, who has been appointed a member of the censor board, told IANS about the structural changes in the government-appointed body, which oversees all movies before they are released in India. He is best known for writing songs such as "Maa" from "Taare Zameen Par", "Bolo Na" from "Chittagong" and "Zinda" from "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag".
Joshi had helmed the ad campaign that propelled Prime Minister Narendra Modi into power in 2014.
Nihalani's views on the distinction between men and women also surfaced while talking about the film, Lipstick Under My Burkha, to which the CBFC had refused to award a certificate, only to be overruled by the Film Certification Appellate Tribunal.
Here's how analysts see Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ:OCLR) after this past week
WARNING: This news story was published by Community Financial News and is the sole property of of Community Financial News. Also, insider Thomas Gordon Beck Mason sold 32,352 shares of the company's stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, May 16th.
Hollywood movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" became the first victim to his censorship.
Similarly, censor board had ordered 89 cuts and told producers to remove all references to Punjab, elections and political parties in the movie "Udta Punjab", which was based on the state's drug problem.
Newly appointed censor board chief Prasoon Joshi today said that he hoped to carry out his responsibilities in a constructive manner. The ministry's decision has been welcomes by the industry, with veteran actor Raza Murad calling the high-handedness with which Nahlani treated producers "suffocating".
"The upcoming chief has come from the advertising background". The decision to hire me was a complete surprise to me. I am sure Prasoon will have a different outlook.
- Following Recent Crashes, Marine Corps Orders Pause In Flight Operations
- 'The Death of Stalin' Trailer: Armando Iannucci Targets Soviet Russia
- Trump menace encore un peu plus la Corée du Nord
- One in eight American adults are alcoholics
- United States could launch a preemptive strike against North Korea
- HTC Ocean Life mid-range variant may launch as the 'HTC U11 Life'
- Judge in Penn State hazing case orders trainer Tim Bream to court
- US Conducts Two Strikes Against Al-Shabaab Militants in Somalia
- Oeufs contaminés: la Commission européenne va convoquer une réunion sur la crise
- Bills trade Watkins to Rams; get Matthews from Eagles