Soon after the press conference, reports emerged that Coutinho had handed in a transfer request.
British media reported on Thursday that Liverpool had rejected a second bid worth 100 million euros ($117 million) from Barcelona, who had already been rebuffed last month in an 80 million euro offer for the 25-year-old. That was rejected on Wednesday.
Liverpool winger Philippe Coutinho has reportedly issued the club with an official transfer request following the owners' statement that he is not for sale.
Barca remain hopeful of landing both Coutinho and Borussia Dortmund's Ousmane Dembele.
"I can't keep players happy". Along with Coutinho, Daniel Sturridge will also miss the trip to Hertfordshire with the striker nursing a thigh problem and Adam Lallana will watch from the stands with the Reds midfielder set to be out until October.
Summary of what has been trade about Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCK)
Following the purchase, the chief financial officer now owns 20,000 shares in the company, valued at approximately $460,200. Also, Director S Decker Anstrom purchased 10,000 shares of the firm's stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, August 2nd.
Coutinho is unhappy that FSG has refused to negotiate with the Spanish giants over a possible transfer and publicly stated he will not be sold at any price in this window.
Securing victory over the two legs would see the club return to Champions League for the first time since their disastrous 2014 campaign and Jürgen Klopp will be desperate to do so as he bids to build on a successful first full campaign as Liverpool manager. "All the rest is just between me and all the boys, not just Phil".
Liverpool issued a statement stating he would not be sold at any cost.
Previous reports from Spain had claimed the blaugrana would have been ready to offer huge cash plus the likes of Rafinha or Andre Gomes in exchange for the services of Coutinho and Juventus from Italy had been keeping a close eye on the developments of negoations.
"We're not a selling club so they're going to do everything in their power for him to stay".
- Noch kein Verdächtiger nach Fund von Leichenteilen in Hamburger Gewässern
- Trump Speaks to Guam Governor About... Tourism?
- Applebee's, IHOP to close up to 160 restaurants
- Man City set to spend another £110m on Busquets and Van Dijk
- Hillary Clinton en caftan marocain à un mariage (Photos)
- Arsenal score two late goals for comeback win vs. Leicester City
- Thin Chelsea squad must steer clear of injuries, says Cahill
- Man City keeper Ederson: Pep Guardiola said to forget price tag
- Sanchez to miss start of season for Arsenal
- Dolphins QB Tannehill reportedly to have season-ending surgery