Days after police arrested Vikas Barala and Ashish Kumar in the stalking case, Chandigarh court on Saturday sent both the accused to Judicial Custody till August 25 for further investigation. Surya Prakash Garg, lawyer of the accused, said that his client has alleged that they are making him scapegoat in this case. Vikas is the son of Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Haryana unit President Subhash Barala.
The two-day police remand of the two accused ends on Saturday, which is when they will be produced before the court.
After massive outrage on streets and in the Parliament, the accused appeared before a Chandigarh court on Thursday.
August 10 (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday urged the Opposition not to politicise the Chandigarh stalking case and asserted that the law will take its course in the case.
Vikas and Ashish were arrested on August 5 and later released on bail.
Red Wings denounce use of logo at white nationalist rally
The Detroit Red Wings have condemned the use of their logo during white nationalist marches in Charlottesville, Virginia. Charlottesville has declared a local emergency due to the conflicts between the two groups.
On Friday night, several people in Chandigarh held a march "Bekhauf Azaadi" in support of the victim, and to raise awareness on the women safety issue.
Initially, they FIR was registered against them under section 354 D (stalking) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and section 185 of the Motor Vehicle Act (driving by a drunken person or by a person under the influence of drugs), Section 365 (attempting abduction of kidnapping) and 511 (attempt to commit an offence) of the IPC.
A Chandigarh court earlier today sent Vikas Barala and his friend Ashish Kumar, who were accused in a stalking case, to two-day police custody.
Subhash Barala broke his silence on the matter on Tuesday after being mute for over three days and said, Varnika "is like my daughter". He further stated that, Varnika "is like my daughter" and assured action against his son.
- Tech companies leads broad slide in U.S. stocks; oil slumps
- Everton vs Stoke 12 Aug 2017: EPL Preview and Predictions
- Paris veut des échanges "plus rapides" avec ses voisins européens — Oeufs contaminés
- Trump, Macron to work together on N. Korea
- United Kingdom police launch manhunt for suspect in North London murders
- Brad Pitt y Angelina Jolie detienen el proceso de divorcio
- China investigates Internet giants for illegal online content
- Crystal Palace vs Huddersfield Town
- 7 white helmets rescuers shot dead in gun attack
- Ligue 2: puni par Sochaux, Lens sombre (déjà) dans la crise