The news comes as attackers continue to escalate the data breach that the network disclosed last week. The TV network reportedly wanted to pay $250,000 in bitcoins to the attackers, disguised as a bug bounty reward rather than a ransom.
The hackers stole over 3.4 GB of data, which, not only included scripts for future episodes but the personal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the Game of Thrones cast and crew. The hackers, who posted several of HBO's new episodes and a "Game of Thrones" script online in late July, demanded $6 million, a person close to the investigation said. Other documents include a spreadsheet of legal claims and technical data on HBO's internal network.
An HBO representative told Wired that there was no reason to believe the hackers had access to the company's email database.
Here's how analysts see Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ:OCLR) after this past week
WARNING: This news story was published by Community Financial News and is the sole property of of Community Financial News. Also, insider Thomas Gordon Beck Mason sold 32,352 shares of the company's stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, May 16th.
HBO bosses have called in the FBI to investigate the security breach, while also working with police and cybersecurity experts in an attempt to prevent the release of any more information or unaired episodes.
"[Network has] been working hard since [July 23] to review all of the material that you have made available to us".
Game of Thrones, now in its penultimate season, is the most popular show in HBO's history and has always been a target of digital piracy. HBO doesn't believe the hackers represented by "Mr. Smith" possess actual episodes of Thrones, although they have threatened to release episodes of other series with their "HBO is Falling" logo superimposed. Mandiant was also the one who investigated the 2014 Sony hacking which was allegedly perpetrated by North Korea.
- Shambhala Festival Issues "Pre-Evacuation Alert" Due to BC Wildfires
- Trent Murphy Suffers Knee Sprain, Leaves Game
- Beck Reveals New Details On Forthcoming Album
- Trader's Buzzers - Petroleo Brasileiro SA - Petrobras (PBR)
- Doctors Stress Proper Eye Protection For Viewing Solar Eclipse
- Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. (LYV)
- Paul Merson reveals prediction for Arsenal v Leicester City season opener
- One in eight American adults are alcoholics
- Conte wants more Chelsea signings to cope with Champions League
- Virginia governor orders National Guard on standby ahead of 'alt-right' rally