Bryan Murray, the veteran National Hockey League coach and general manager who led the Ottawa Senators to a Stanley Cup final appearance in 2007, has died. "We extend our honest condolences to his wife, Geri, daughters, Heide and Brittany and the entire Murray family on their loss". In addition to the Red Wings, Murray served as GM and coach of the Florida Panthers, Mighty Ducks of Anaheim and Ottawa Senators.
Murray will be missed, and not just by family members and the Senators franchise.
Murray, 74, was diagnosed with colon cancer in November 2014 but didn't allow it to take control.
"Bryan Murray's strength and character were reflected in the teams he coached and the teams he built over decades of front office excellence".
Brad Pitt y Angelina Jolie detienen el proceso de divorcio
Angelina Jolie y Brad Pitt habrían frenado su proceso de divorcio , señalaron algunos medios estadounidenses. Por su parte, la mujer había dejado entrever la adicción de Pitt al alcohol en otra reciente entrevista.
The hockey world is mourning the loss of Canadian Executive and Coach Bryan Murray, who coached the Washington Capitals for nine seasons starting in 1981. As we mourn Bryan's passing, we celebrate his many contributions to the game - as well as his courage. In 2007, Murray was named general manager of the Senators after spending the first year as head coach. "While his warmth and dry sense of humour were always evident, they were accompanied by the fiery competitiveness and determination that were his trademarks".
The next season Murray led the Senators back into the playoffs, where they tore through the first three rounds in five games before losing in five in the Cup final to Anaheim, his former team.
Murray stepped down as the team's GM past year to battle the disease, becoming a senior hockey advisor for the Senators. He broke into coaching with the Pembroke Lumber Kings of the Central Junior Hockey League, and was soon offered a head coaching position with the AHL's Regina Pats.
He spent the rest of his life as an advocate for cancer awareness. After graduating from McGill, Murray worked as a high school teacher. His contribution has allowed him to become the first member of the history of the Circle of honor of the Senators at the end of the previous year.
- Chelsea, le champion en titre, surpris par Burnley — Premier League
- Broncos add a lineman to replace Billy Winn, Derek Wolfe injures ankle
- Australia says it would come to US aid in attack — The Latest
- Syrian army gains ground on Jordan border in southwest
- Un gâteau centenaire "parfaitement préservé" retrouvé dans un cabanon en Antarctique
- Trump ramps up Guam assurances over N. Korea threat
- Tech companies leads broad slide in U.S. stocks; oil slumps
- Trump, Macron to work together on N. Korea
- Women won't be told to give birth naturally
- Paris veut des échanges "plus rapides" avec ses voisins européens — Oeufs contaminés