In 2016, Drake and Future collaborated on the Summer Sixteen tour that became the highest grossing hip-hop tour of that year, grossing more than $84 million over the course of 56 dates. Jane claimed that she was raped at their concert by a man associated with the venue.
The female is identified in the lawsuit as Jane Doe to protect her identity. She said that the man, identified as Leavy Johnson, told her that he could take her backstage to meet Drake and Future. She claimed in her lawsuit that she was approached by a man who is associated with the venue. She alleges he then violently attacked her and caused severe physical and psychological injury.
Images Kevin Winter Getty Images
According to The Tennessean, Johnson has since been arrested, charged with rape and is now awaiting trial.
According to the woman's suit, Johnson had outstanding warrants for assault at the time of the alleged assault, and she claims that the Bridgestone Arena, the touring companies, the firm that provided security at the event and the rappers who performed should have been aware that hiring Johnson would "pose an unreasonable risk to others". She claimed that Johnson presents a serious danger to the general public and that the assault could have been prevented. He is now awaiting trial.
Grant Perry Fully Reinstated
The University and Michigan Athletic Department have closely followed the legal proceedings involving Grant Perry since October. Perry allegedly grabbed a woman's backside and groin outside an East Lansing bar before running away from police.
- Tech companies leads broad slide in U.S. stocks; oil slumps
- Indian woman killed in Pakistani firing at border
- Le scandale des oeufs contaminés touche la France
- Red Wings denounce use of logo at white nationalist rally
- Buccaneers cut Roberto Aguayo one year after trading up to draft kicker
- Trump ramps up Guam assurances over N. Korea threat
- Australia says it would come to US aid in attack — The Latest
- Chelsea, le champion en titre, surpris par Burnley — Premier League
- Paris veut des échanges "plus rapides" avec ses voisins européens — Oeufs contaminés
- Haryana stalking case: Vikas Barala sent to judicial custody till August 25