They can even fraudulently print the fake ISO certification on the product (or on their website), even though what they're selling could be something as flimsy as novelty 3-D glasses.
As you undoubtedly learned back in preschool, you should never, ever look directly at the sun.
Retail chains listed include 7-Eleven, Best Buy, Kroger, Lowe's, and Walmart, among others.
Without glasses, the sun's rays could cause permanent damage to your eyes.
Some of the places AAS recommends to shop online are EclipseGlasses.com, Celestron, Explore Scientific and Meade Instruments. Reuters reported that the market is being flooded with defective knockoffs, so it's also a good idea to make sure that the brand you purchased is approved by the experts before August 21. According to AAS Press Officer and task-force representative Rick Fienberg, there may be some legitimate suppliers not on their list yet only because they "have no knowledge of them or that we haven't convinced ourselves they're safe".
Doctors Stress Proper Eye Protection For Viewing Solar Eclipse
"We had three patients who stared at the sun and they lost partial vision", Dr. Cannon said that was from the last eclipse.
Ordinary sunglasses are not up to snuff. "It's very exciting for them and they want to take the eye protection off".
The group recommends only using a welding mask if you're certain of its "shade number", an indication of how dark the mask's tint is.
Northern San Luis Obispo County (Cambria, Paso Robles) will see the moon cover 67-percent of the sun.
No matter how you see it, this eclipse can change your perspective.
The 70-mile-wide swath of land where the full spectacle can be seen stretches from OR to SC, with 12 states in its path. And it's been almost a century since a total solar eclipse was visible coast to coast.
Oeufs contaminés: la Commission européenne va convoquer une réunion sur la crise
L'Allemagne et la France -où quelques fermes sont bloquées- ont vertement tancé la Belgique et les Pays-Bas. Des œufs avec du Fipronil ont été retrouvés en France, et plus particulièrement dans le Pas-de-Calais.
- United States could launch a preemptive strike against North Korea
- Global shares mostly lower on rising unease over North Korea
- Judge in Penn State hazing case orders trainer Tim Bream to court
- Aulas: ''Le PSG n'a pas besoin de Mbappé…''
- How Japan Would Go to War Against North Korea
- Mourinho confirms Manchester United in talks with Ibrahimovic
- Instagram posts may reveal signs of depression
- One in eight American adults are alcoholics
- Following Recent Crashes, Marine Corps Orders Pause In Flight Operations
- Trump menace encore un peu plus la Corée du Nord