The Miami Herald first reported that Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria had agreed to sell the team for $1.2 billion on Friday evening, to a group led by investor Bruce Sherman and the former Yankee shortstop. The club has not confirmed the reports, although ESPN said the deal is likely to be announced "in the coming days".
According to the Post, Jeter's interest in being a team executive is fueled by a desire to one day buy a franchise on his own, much like how Jordan was a Washington Wizards executive and then eventually bought the Charlotte Bobcats.
The Sherman led group, which includes Michael Jordan the former great of the National Basketball Association, beat out a contingent that Jorge Mas a Miami businessman led. Quogue Capital founder Wayne Rothbaum, who led a third group that included former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, dropped out of the bidding earlier this week.
Loeb Partners Corp Lowers Stake in Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (ESRT)
Physicians Realty Trust on 6/29/2017 reported its EPS as $0.07 with the analysts projecting the EPS of the stock as $0.1. The stock of Physicians Realty Trust (NYSE:DOC) has "Strong Buy" rating given on Monday, November 7 by Raymond James.
Loria acquired the Marlins in 2002 from John Henry for just $158 million.
Miami won the 2003 World Series but has not returned to the postseason since. Jeter is expected to have a title such as CEO or team president and have active involvement, though his relatively low personal investment - $25M according to sources - would not qualify him to be designated as the control person by Major League Baseball.
- Beijing Outraged as US Destroyer Approaches Disputed South China Sea Island
- Trump Cautious on China Inquiry Over Intellectual Property Theft
- North Korea threatens physical actions after United Nations sanctions
- New York State Teachers Retirement System Reduces Position in BlackRock, Inc. (BLK)
- Sa nièce se filme en train de mettre son bébé au frigo
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump with opening monologue on The Late Show
- Des contrôles sanitaires dans les élevages de poules du Bas-Rhin — Fipronil
- Liberty Media Corporation - Ser (NASDAQ:FWONK) Experiences Heavier than Usual Trading Volume
- Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE:BTU) on Focus After Report of More Shorts
- Former coach, GM Murray dies at 74