Broncos defensive end Billy Winn is out for the season after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament and suffering damage to other ligaments in his right knee during Thursday's preseason opener at Chicago, an National Football League source confirmed.
With depth NT Kyle Peko still recovering from a broken foot, the interior of the line was already a man short.
In a corresponding move, the Broncos signed rookie defensive lineman Nelson Adams, who was formerly with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Winn was placed on injured reserve. Twenty-five of those tackles and 2.5 sacks came during his senior season. On Aug. 8, he was released and replaced by cornerback JaCorey Shepherd.
Red Wings denounce use of logo at white nationalist rally
The Detroit Red Wings have condemned the use of their logo during white nationalist marches in Charlottesville, Virginia. Charlottesville has declared a local emergency due to the conflicts between the two groups.
Wolfe did not put weight on his right leg after going down.
The addition of Adams is a minor addition compared to the potential major subtraction they could be looking at after Saturday's practice.
"It's an ankle injury, we're not sure how bad", Broncos coach Vance Joseph said immediately following practice. He played 57.93 percent of all defensive snaps last season, a number that was expected to go up in 2017.
- 7 white helmets rescuers shot dead in gun attack
- Haryana stalking case: Vikas Barala sent to judicial custody till August 25
- Ligue 2: puni par Sochaux, Lens sombre (déjà) dans la crise
- Cat Found And Jailed For Crime Of Helping Vile Cardinals
- Supermarket Egg Sandwiches And Salads Are Being Recalled Over A Contamination Scare
- United Kingdom police launch manhunt for suspect in North London murders
- Brad Pitt y Angelina Jolie detienen el proceso de divorcio
- Chelsea, le champion en titre, surpris par Burnley — Premier League
- Drake & Future Sued By Woman ... Claims She Was Raped At Concert
- Tech companies leads broad slide in U.S. stocks; oil slumps