Authorities believe they may have spotted the inmate that went missing from the Winfield Correctional Facility north of Douglass.
The man, Lewis Mitchell, 53, was caught just before 5 p.m. Wednesday after a sheriff's deputy saw him hitchhiking along a highway and, after approaching the man, saw him run into a corn field. Herzet said a lot of manpower was needed because of earlier statements made by Mitchell that he wouldn't be taken alive.
Mitchell was described as a black man standing 6-1 and weighing 210 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.
BidaskClub Downgrades Colliers International Group Inc
Colliers International Group Inc., launched on July 31, 1988, is involved in the provision of commercial real estate services. Equities analysts predict that Colliers International Group will post $2.87 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Kansas Department of Corrections records indicate that Mitchell was serving a 27-month sentence after being convicted of felony burglary in 2016.
Butler County, Andover, and Augusta worked with the U.S. Marshall's service on the search. He was last seen wearing a state-issued white t-shirt with blue jeans or gray sweat trousers. Anyone who sees Mitchell is urged to call 911.
- Burnley defeat Chelsea 3-2 at Stamford Bridge
- Former coach, GM Murray dies at 74
- Police summon actor Oviya for probe
- Liberty Media Corporation - Ser (NASDAQ:FWONK) Experiences Heavier than Usual Trading Volume
- Une voiture percute des personnes à Charlottesville, des blessés — USA
- Cat Found And Jailed For Crime Of Helping Vile Cardinals
- AI beats top 'Dota 2' players in one-on-one matches
- Alexis Sanchez out for ´a while´, confirms Wenger
- North Korea threatens physical actions after United Nations sanctions
- Australia says it would come to US aid in attack — The Latest