Arsenal had to come from behind twice to beat Leicester City 4-3 in a thriller as the Premier League season got off to a flying start on Friday with Arsene Wenger's substitutions turning the match around at The Emirates.
"Giroud? He's fantastic", Wenger said of the France global, who usually started on the bench last season and had been linked with a move away from The Emirates.
The impressive Vardy scored his second in the 53rd minute to put Leicester in front once more, curling Riyad Mahrez's corner into the bottom far corner amid poor Arsenal marking.
"We have got a tough first run but we now can take a lot of confidence from this game, knowing we can go to the big teams and put on a performance and hopefully in the coming games we get that bit of luck and turn the positive performance into good points".Читайте также: 15 pays européens touchés par le scandale — Oeufs contaminés
In the 29th minute, Jamie Vardy gave the visitors a 2-1 advantage, scoring from close range after a superb ball into the area by Marc Albrighton, who exploited a blunder by Arsenal's Granit Xhaka.
"Lacazette is simple. In every game he is stronger since he has joined us", Wenger said.
Craig Shakespeare's side boasted numerous players, and characteristics, that saw them shock the world to win the title in 2015/16. "He is a fantastic guy as well - committed, he loves the club". At some stage, I opened the door for him because I knew that I had many strikers. "He did very well on the left when we moved him".
Wenger also stated that lack of focus on the part of his defenders cost Arsenal the first two goals they conceded.
"We were quite good previous year on corners and overall I believe that with a bit of work we can get that out of the system". Leicester was heading for something it didn't even achieve in its astonishing 2015-16 title-winning campaign: a win at Arsenal. "If you look at that from a neutral point, for a first game it was a top quality game".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Mobile US (TMUS) Given Daily Media Sentiment Score of 0.23
- MKM Partners Reaffirms "Buy" Rating for MBIA, Inc. (NYSE:MBI)
- After voting for sanctions, China tells North Korea to act 'smart'
- Tillerson says no 'imminent threat' from North Korea
- Mystery Person Breaks Into Home, Cleans Man's Apartment
- Recent Research Analysts' Ratings Changes for CyrusOne (CONE)
- PharMerica (PMC) Earns Daily Media Sentiment Score of 0.14
- Riverdale EP Explains Why Season 2 is Scarier Than Season 1
- (TSE:T) Target Price at $47.50
- Owens-Illinois, Inc. (OI) Shares Bought by Fmr LLC