The specimen were discovered in the City of Grand Rapids in one of the department's mosquito traps.
The department said in July that the first mosquitoes of the year had tested positive for eastern equine encephalitis virus.
There are 11 traps total placed throughout the county as a project to help prevent outbreaks of illnesses spread through mosquitoes.
A mosquito in Mitchell has tested positive for West Nile virus.
Le navire anti-migrants C-Star est à l'arrêt en pleine mer
Le navire affrété par des militants de Génération identitaire en Méditerranée était à l'arrêt en raison d'un problème technique. Le C Star est un navire affrété par des militants européens d'extrême droite pour lutter contre le trafic de migrants.
KCHD Administrative Health Officer Adam London said he expects West Nile to stick around until the first frost and that just because it was discovered in the 49507 area, that doesn't mean it's confined there. The virus was found in mosquito samples collected in Tiverton, Pawtucket and Westerly June 26.
The first MI case of West Nile was diagnosed in 2001, two years after it appeared in the United States.
There are also four traps in Kent County created to attract two additional mosquito species known to carry the Zika virus. "We want people to be aware that they can greatly reduce their own risks by taking some simple precautions".
- Exeter Hospital emergency room evacuated after chemical leak
- Eagles trade WR Jordan Matthews to Bills for CB Ronald Darby
- Buffalo Bills: Sammy Watkins traded, Jordan Matthews acquired
- As Citi Downgrades Blue Apron, the Door Further Opens for Amazon
- Magna International Inc. (MG) Analysts See $1.98 EPS
- Investors To Decide SoundCloud's Fate In 'Do Or Die' Meeting
- Spike In Rates At Trump DC Hotel Helped Reverse Expected Losses
- Middlesbrough FC agree on sale of midfield star Marten De Roon
- Fire at Dhaka airport
- Has $9875000 Stake in Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) (NYSE:GS)