The highlight of the night, and sure to be the water cooler topic of Friday, was Anthony Scaramucci (Bill Hader) FaceTiming into the show.
But when it came to the successes of President Donald Trump's administration, the SNL cast brought the two Trump sons in to help spin.
"Colin, thanks for letting us come here and talk about some of the awesome things my father is doing", Trump Jr. said.
"When you met with the Russians?"
Handed a fidget spinner to keep him occupied, Eric didn't know to spin it and just stared in fascination at the immobile toy. "No one cares about my meeting with the Russians anymore". Co-anchor Colin Jost cited the upheaval surrounding the White House, saying that while he was unsure whether Trump had colluded with Russia, "He's definitely colluding with 'Dancing With the Stars'".
The standalone, primetime version of SNL's "Weekend Update" begins a four-week summer run tonight at 9 p.m. on NBC.
But fake Donald Jr. - much like real Donald Jr. - insisted the story was a "nothing burger". It's like on 'To Catch a Predator!' If a guy shows up to a house with a 12-pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade, turns out it's a sting.
Ezekiel Elliott suspension appears imminent. Is six games on the table?
Rapoport said some form of discipline is expected, and while six games is the benchmark, he could be suspended for fewer. With that said, a possible two-game suspension could possibly be reduced to a one-year game suspension upon appeal.
"Guy shouldn't get in trouble because nothing happened!"
"All my father did was give me some advice", Don Jr. promised.
"He said son, go out there and tell the truth", Trump Jr. said.
"And then he winked!"
For being the big pop of the night, this segment wasn't the best of the show (my vote goes to the Trump brothers), but it's the freshest political story ripe for comedy that doesn't involve Trump himself.
Viewers hoping for a visit by Alec Baldwin's Trump, or even a single sketch, may have been disappointed to find out they were getting exactly what the title of the show implied.
- Anambra guber: APC inaugurates screening committee
- Nintendo Switch : accusée d'avoir copié un accessoire, elle risque l'interdiction de vente
- Mark Hughes hopeful over deal to sign Bruno Martins Indi
- Private submarine sinks in Denmark, crew safe
- China slams US Navy's new 'provocation' in South China Sea
- Alpes-de-haute-provence : Un Marseillais roulait depuis 12 ans sans permis
- Nouvelle clause pour Asensio — Real Madrid
- Here's What You Need To Know About Sarahah
- Deux semaines de vacances pour les ministres
- Photo of purported Walmart gun display roils social media