The statement also noted that the search operation was carried out in 29 houses in the general area including a building hosting United Nations staff.
A spokesperson for the organisation, Samantha Newport confirmed the incident to Reuters saying the U.N had no information on the reason for the unauthorised search.
Samuel said there was no sign to show that the property was a United Nations building, but that no arrest was made there.
The reports had also claimed that the army may have taken the action on suspicions that a highly placed infleuntial criminal, and member of the terrorist sect may be living in the house which belonged to late former Governor of the state, Malla Kachallah, before it was rented out for United Nations use. The clearance operations effort has been yielding several successes. On 10th August 2017, theatre command received information from one of its credible sources that some high value BHT suspects had infiltrated into Pompomari Bye-Pass.
The raid was part of the ongoing cordon and search operations in urban and rural areas in the epicenter of the insurgency crisis in and around Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State. It, therefore, became expedient to take preemptive action by combing the general area through a cordon and search operations.
"The United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator and the Designated Official for Security in Nigeria, Edward Kallon, is liaising with the Government of Nigeria".
13h41 Dembélé absent à l'entraînement mais en route pour Barcelone ?
Le joueur aurait ainsi appris mercredi que les deux clubs ne s'étaient pas mis d'accord d'après le quotidien allemand. A la limite, ce serait rassurant que ce soit la raison de l'absence de l'ancien Rennais.
As a result of the change added the statement, the cordon and search initiative has been intensified in Maiduguri metropolis and surrounding communities.
"The operation was successfully conducted as over 30 houses were searched".
"In the last one week cordon and search operations were conducted in Jiddari -Polo, Muna Garage, Jakana amongst several other areas". On the whole, operation in the general area was successfully concluded but no arrest was made because the suspects were not found.
"Members of the public are cautioned against peddling rumours which may cause disaffection and to remain law abiding".
The statement of the army is coming on the wake of wild rumors on the social media in Maiduguri that the leader of Boko Haram Abubakar Shekau was arrested by troops in Maiduguri.
- As Citi Downgrades Blue Apron, the Door Further Opens for Amazon
- La Libye interdit ses eaux aux ONG de secours en mer
- West Ham Makes Club Record Bid for William Carvalho
- Today Analysts Focus on Pfizer Inc. (PFE), NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)
- FTSE 100 watch: Trump's 'fire and fury' continue to pressure Footsie
- State budget in limbo after Supreme Court strikes down cigarette fee
- Spike In Rates At Trump DC Hotel Helped Reverse Expected Losses
- Exeter Hospital emergency room evacuated after chemical leak
- Georgia Official Calls for Criminal Investigation into R. Kelly, Cites New Evidence
- West Nile Virus found in Kent Co. mosquitoes