The statement also noted that the search operation was carried out in 29 houses in the general area including a building hosting United Nations staff.
A spokesperson for the organisation, Samantha Newport confirmed the incident to Reuters saying the U.N had no information on the reason for the unauthorised search.
Samuel said there was no sign to show that the property was a United Nations building, but that no arrest was made there.
The reports had also claimed that the army may have taken the action on suspicions that a highly placed infleuntial criminal, and member of the terrorist sect may be living in the house which belonged to late former Governor of the state, Malla Kachallah, before it was rented out for United Nations use. The clearance operations effort has been yielding several successes. On 10th August 2017, theatre command received information from one of its credible sources that some high value BHT suspects had infiltrated into Pompomari Bye-Pass.
The raid was part of the ongoing cordon and search operations in urban and rural areas in the epicenter of the insurgency crisis in and around Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State. It, therefore, became expedient to take preemptive action by combing the general area through a cordon and search operations.
"The United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator and the Designated Official for Security in Nigeria, Edward Kallon, is liaising with the Government of Nigeria".
WW3 WARNING: Pentagon threatens to 'DESTROY' North Korea after Guam missile threat
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Wednesday played down the threat from the DPRK, telling Americans to "sleep well at night". President Donald Trump issued a warning to the DPRK that appeared to threaten a nuclear war with the Asian country.
As a result of the change added the statement, the cordon and search initiative has been intensified in Maiduguri metropolis and surrounding communities.
"The operation was successfully conducted as over 30 houses were searched".
"In the last one week cordon and search operations were conducted in Jiddari -Polo, Muna Garage, Jakana amongst several other areas". On the whole, operation in the general area was successfully concluded but no arrest was made because the suspects were not found.
"Members of the public are cautioned against peddling rumours which may cause disaffection and to remain law abiding".
The statement of the army is coming on the wake of wild rumors on the social media in Maiduguri that the leader of Boko Haram Abubakar Shekau was arrested by troops in Maiduguri.
- Georgia Official Calls for Criminal Investigation into R. Kelly, Cites New Evidence
- Congressional Russiagate investigators want to question Trump's longtime secretary
- 13h41 Dembélé absent à l'entraînement mais en route pour Barcelone ?
- State politicians run from big donor's racially charged remarks
- Spike In Rates At Trump DC Hotel Helped Reverse Expected Losses
- Today Analysts Focus on Pfizer Inc. (PFE), NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)
- Dolphins Rookie LB Raekwon McMillan Tears ACL
- 2nd man arrested in officer's shooting death
- Des porcs génétiquement modifiés pour être donneurs d'organes
- Man City's Pep Guardiola: I'm not under extra pressure this season