It is noted that the pie produced by the British confectionery company Huntley & Palmers, which at the time of detection turned 106 years old, lay on the shelf in a tin box and was wrapped in paper.
The site is notable not only for its role in the discovery of Antarctica but also as the only example left of humanity's first building on any continent.
Trust artefacts programme manager Lizzie Meek that, although the tin was in a poor state, the cake itself was in excellent condition and looked and smelt edible, or nearly.
This very old fruitcake also smells nearly edible.
Manhattan Associates, Inc. (NASDAQ:MANH) Valuation According To Analysts
Manhattan Associates, Inc. has a 52 week low of $42.50 and a 52 week high of $62.14. (NASDAQ: MANH ) opened at 43.68 on Tuesday. Equities analysts forecast that Manhattan Associates, Inc. will post $1.87 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The fruit cake after conservation treatment.
"Finding such a perfectly preserved fruitcake in among the last handful of unidentified and severely corroded tins was quite a surprise", program manager Lizzie Meek said.
"It's an ideal high-energy food for Antarctic conditions, and is still a favourite item on modern trips to the ice".
A team from the Canterbury Museum in Christchurch has recently finished a 14-month project conserving nearly 1,500 artifacts from Cape Adare.
- Swiss franc, yen rise as North Korea tensions brew
- Stock Traders Buy High Volume of Facebook Put Options (NASDAQ:FB)
- Roger Goodell Takes In Patriots' Preseason Opener At Gillette Stadium
- It's Sales Tax Free Weekend for School Supplies In Texas
- Here's changes being made to state's medical marijuana program
- Snyder's-Lance, Inc. (NASDAQ:LNCE) Under Analyst Spotlight
- FHP email demands troopers write 2 tickets per hour
- Korea to halt all provocations, says door for dialogue still open
- 0.96 is White Mountains Insurance Group LTD's (NYSE:WTM) Institutional Investor Sentiment
- NYT Issues Correction in Climate Change Story