The right-back, who played in United's 2-1 Super Cup defeat to Real Madrid last night, also opened up on his trials and tribulations last term.
Despite having only played 45 minutes for the club in last week's friendly against Sampdoria, the £35million signing impressed throughout the whole match in sweltering Macedonia.
"But in good moments he was really good and especially in our dominance in the second half after the 2-0".
"I think he played really well, I think in the moment they were moving the ball well of course was hard for us in the midfield", he added.
"He is a player with great experience, many years at the highest level and good experience, good stability".
Despite suffering from some injury problems, the Welshman has still scored 67 goals and provided 51 assists in 149 games to help Madrid win 3 Champions League's and a La Liga title during his four years in Spain.
Singapore's exports growth slows to 2.7% in Q2
The sector, which makes up a fifth of the economy, saw employment fall 2,500 in the second quarter. Capital Economics forecasts economic growth of around 3.0 percent this year for the city-state.
Lukaku had earlier ballooned a shot over the crossbar with the goal gaping but reacted smartly to steer the ball home after Matic's effort had been parried by Keylor Navas.
"He had a good fight against two good central defender and I am happy with this period and how he fits into - I am never exhausted to repeat - an fantastic group".
Manchester United are now gearing up for their Premier League opener against West Ham United at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon as they look to improve on their disappointing sixth-placed finish last term.
"I had to work for it but the finale is that he's here, he's with us and he's banging in goals".
"To try to develop things that we normally don't do and in this moment there are so many teams playing with three in the back and wing-backs that probably sometimes we have to play that way".
- La Bourse de Paris finit en net recul de 1,40%
- Trump expresses desire to 'de-nuke the world'
- CAN-2019: Hayatou critique son successeur Ahmad à la CAF
- No new HBO material leaked despite threat from hackers
- Microsoft is working on new features to showcase Xbox Achievements
- Polish train near miss
- Mmm, this 100-year-old fruitcake found in Antarctica sure looks delicious
- PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL) closed at $59.67 in the last trading session
- GE delays new Boston HQ opening
- Paulini Could Be Facing Jail Time After Bribery Charges