Intel just completed its $15.3 billion purchase of Mobileye, the Israeli tech company which specializes in autonomous auto technology, on Tuesday. "The fleet will eventually have more than 100 vehicles".
Once these cars are ready for the streets, they will be tested in the US, Europe and Israel to prove that this technology can work globally and not just in a few countries.
The testing in real-world conditions "provides immediate feedback and will accelerate delivery of technologies and solutions for highly and fully autonomous vehicles", said Mobileye co-founder Amnon Shashua, who is to run the unit for Intel. Our goal is to develop autonomous vehicle technology that can be deployed anywhere, which means we need to test and train the vehicles in varying locations'.
Intel, which has not indicated with any automobile manufacturer it is associated to this diversification, will test a fleet of different cars based on the expertise of Mobileye in detecting, mapping and tracking at a distance.
DCP Midstream Partners LP
Whalerock Point Partners LLC increased its stake in shares of Magellan Midstream Partners L.P.by 7.5% in the fourth quarter. Wainwright on Friday, July 29 with "Buy". (NYSE:MMP) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, August 2nd.
Intel, which has been expanding beyond its core of computer chipmaking, is keen for its technology to be an engine powering self-driving systems across the spectrum of vehicle makers.
Mr Shashua said: 'Neither company could do this alone.
Most major automakers and several other technology firms have been stepping up efforts on autonomous driving in recent years, contending these systems will eliminate the vast majority of road accidents. The company aims to create a complete "car to cloud" system.
- Mark Hughes hopeful over deal to sign Bruno Martins Indi
- Lorient: une carte postée 43 ans après l'envoi
- Arrestation de Serigne Assane Mbacké à Touba : Le Pds exige sa libération
- Mourinho confirme pour Zlatan Ibrahimovic — MU
- Sébastien (L'amour est dans le pré 2017) éconduit : Nathalie explique son choix
- Chelsea Must Do This To Hope To Defend Title - Alan Shearer
- Acura freshens up RLX flagship sedan for 2018
- 'Snowfall' Renewed For Season 2 By FX - TCA
- Britney Spears left shaken after thinking stage invader had a gun
- Venezuela Expresses Solidarity to 'Brother' China After Quake