Intel just completed its $15.3 billion purchase of Mobileye, the Israeli tech company which specializes in autonomous auto technology, on Tuesday. "The fleet will eventually have more than 100 vehicles".
Once these cars are ready for the streets, they will be tested in the US, Europe and Israel to prove that this technology can work globally and not just in a few countries.
The testing in real-world conditions "provides immediate feedback and will accelerate delivery of technologies and solutions for highly and fully autonomous vehicles", said Mobileye co-founder Amnon Shashua, who is to run the unit for Intel. Our goal is to develop autonomous vehicle technology that can be deployed anywhere, which means we need to test and train the vehicles in varying locations'.
Intel, which has not indicated with any automobile manufacturer it is associated to this diversification, will test a fleet of different cars based on the expertise of Mobileye in detecting, mapping and tracking at a distance.
Chelsea Must Do This To Hope To Defend Title - Alan Shearer
Chelsea begin their title defence at home against Burnley on tomorrow and Conte expects tougher campaign than the one before. I still contact them and even the physiotherapists. "He needs to play regularly, he's a player I trust a lot".
Intel, which has been expanding beyond its core of computer chipmaking, is keen for its technology to be an engine powering self-driving systems across the spectrum of vehicle makers.
Mr Shashua said: 'Neither company could do this alone.
Most major automakers and several other technology firms have been stepping up efforts on autonomous driving in recent years, contending these systems will eliminate the vast majority of road accidents. The company aims to create a complete "car to cloud" system.
- Contrats aidés : 40 % de signatures en moins au second semestre 2017
- Bale: I don't want to move to Man Utd
- Venezuela Expresses Solidarity to 'Brother' China After Quake
- Arrestation de Serigne Assane Mbacké à Touba : Le Pds exige sa libération
- A Song With 10-Minutes of Silence Crawls Up iTunes Charts
- Wife of ousted Pakistani premier to contest for his parliamentary seat
- Un petit astéroïde va passer "sacrément près" de la Terre en octobre
- Mark Hughes hopeful over deal to sign Bruno Martins Indi
- 'Snowfall' Renewed For Season 2 By FX - TCA
- Collision de trains en Egypte : au moins 36 morts