The call comes after Lord was sacked from CNN after he tweeted "Sieg Heil!" at the president of Media Matters for America.
Lord and Carusone have had many sharp disagreements.
Earlier this week, the two men got into a heated debate on Twitter over Media Matters' past financial support from investor and business magnate George Soros. Lord called Media Matters a "fascist" group after it launched a campaign for advertisers to stop supporting Sean Hannity, of Fox News, and claimed that it was trying to suppress free speech.
Carusone told Lord that one of his columns was "full of lies" and said "Soros gave us one donation one time.in 2010".
Venezuela Expresses Solidarity to 'Brother' China After Quake
It was measured at magnitude 6.3 by USGS and 6.6 by China's agency and was in a sparsely populated area of the Xinjiang region. The Red Cross Society of China said it was deploying emergency specialists and volunteers to assist affected communities.
Mr Lord said Mr Carusone was playing a "fascist game" by targeting Mr Hannity's sponsors.
During the day, the Twitter sparring resumed, with Lord finally responding to Carusone with the tweet: "Sieg Heil!" "Why do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you don't take yourself seriously".
"I love CNN, but I feel they are caving to bullies here", he also told the network.
During his presence on CNN's airwaves Lord had frequently riled CNN hosts including Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon, fellow commentators, and viewers with many of his statements. "Jeffrey Lord is no longer with the network", CNN said in a statement. He was the first explicitly pro-Donald Trump commentator to join the network, back in August 2015, as a counterweight to CNN's other conservative commentators, who were all dismissive of Trump's candidacy. The network has since added pro-Trump contributors following the election.
"I mocked this guy".
- Photo of purported Walmart gun display roils social media
- Lorient: une carte postée 43 ans après l'envoi
- Here's the Latest on the Whole Same-Sex Marriage Plebiscite Vote
- Private submarine sinks in Denmark, crew safe
- Chelsea Must Do This To Hope To Defend Title - Alan Shearer
- 2 trains collide in Egypt, killing at least 25
- Collision de trains en Egypte : au moins 36 morts
- Bale: I don't want to move to Man Utd
- Acura freshens up RLX flagship sedan for 2018
- Sébastien (L'amour est dans le pré 2017) éconduit : Nathalie explique son choix