The call comes after Lord was sacked from CNN after he tweeted "Sieg Heil!" at the president of Media Matters for America.
Lord and Carusone have had many sharp disagreements.
Earlier this week, the two men got into a heated debate on Twitter over Media Matters' past financial support from investor and business magnate George Soros. Lord called Media Matters a "fascist" group after it launched a campaign for advertisers to stop supporting Sean Hannity, of Fox News, and claimed that it was trying to suppress free speech.
Carusone told Lord that one of his columns was "full of lies" and said "Soros gave us one donation one time.in 2010".
Summer Edition' review: Plenty to joke about
The standalone, primetime version of SNL's " Weekend Update " begins a four-week summer run tonight at 9 p.m. on NBC. But fake Donald Jr. - much like real Donald Jr. - insisted the story was a "nothing burger".
Mr Lord said Mr Carusone was playing a "fascist game" by targeting Mr Hannity's sponsors.
During the day, the Twitter sparring resumed, with Lord finally responding to Carusone with the tweet: "Sieg Heil!" "Why do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you don't take yourself seriously".
"I love CNN, but I feel they are caving to bullies here", he also told the network.
During his presence on CNN's airwaves Lord had frequently riled CNN hosts including Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon, fellow commentators, and viewers with many of his statements. "Jeffrey Lord is no longer with the network", CNN said in a statement. He was the first explicitly pro-Donald Trump commentator to join the network, back in August 2015, as a counterweight to CNN's other conservative commentators, who were all dismissive of Trump's candidacy. The network has since added pro-Trump contributors following the election.
"I mocked this guy".
- Venezuela Expresses Solidarity to 'Brother' China After Quake
- Chelsea Must Do This To Hope To Defend Title - Alan Shearer
- Wife of ousted Pakistani premier to contest for his parliamentary seat
- Collision de trains en Egypte : au moins 36 morts
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Analysts Insights on Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE)
- DCP Midstream Partners LP
- Britney Spears left shaken after thinking stage invader had a gun
- Morocco confirms bid to host the 2026 World Cup
- Sébastien (L'amour est dans le pré 2017) éconduit : Nathalie explique son choix