For almost 60 years, the Un has been a net natural gas importer, but for three of the first five months of 2017 thus far, it has actually been exporting more than it imports, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration's most recent Natural Gas Monthly.
The United States has been primarily an importer since 1958 when natural gas trade volumes were much smaller.
The United States is now the world's largest natural gas producer, having surpassed Russian Federation in 2009. Natural gas production in the United States increased from 55 billion cubic feet per day in 2008 to 72.5 billion cubic feet in 2016. Ninety-six percent of all production is consumed domestically, but a larger share is being prepped for exports to Asia as the Trump administration's energy export strategy begins to take hold.
Percent Would Support Postponing the 2020 Election
Trump notoriously refused in the final weeks of the campaign to say whether he support the outcome of the election no matter what. Fifty-six percent said they would support delaying the election if both Trump and Republicans in Congress suggested it.
Declining net pipeline imports from Canada, booming piped gas exports to Mexico, and increasing LNG exports (Sabine Pass set a new record of 1.96 billion cubic feet per day in May 2017) are all contributing to the nation's ongoing shift toward being a net exporter, reported EIA's Today in Energy on August 8.
USA exports have been increasing to eastern Canada since 2000 when the Vector pipeline out of Chicago began service into Ontario. Five new liquefaction facilities are now under production at Cove Point, Cameron, Elba Island, Freeport and Corpus Christi, carving out a sizable nook for the cost-effective transport of natural gas over ships via especially refrigerated ships.
EIA expects exports of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the country to increase.
- Rachat des activités de financement d'Opel par PSA : l'UE donne son accord
- NGAM Advisors LP Acquires 2167 Shares of Primerica, Inc. (PRI)
- Nokia 6 gets 1 million registrations on Amazon India
- Ousmane Sonko: " Macky Sall va déployer des moyens pour acheter des députés "
- On connaît le méchant de toutes les suites — Avatar
- United States congresswoman confident Guam protected from North Korea threat
- US Producer Prices Fell in July
- Man charged in Northerly Island punk concert stabbing
- He will stay at Everton - Koeman confirms no offers made for Barkley
- Un soldat israélien blessé pendant une opération nocturne — Cisjordanie