Fukushima: Some workers who were constructing a vehicle parking facility near Japan's Fukushima nuclear power plant stumbled on a suspected unexploded bomb dropped by the USA during the World War II.
AFP reports that a Japanese military airport was in the area close to the Fukushima plant during World War II, and was targeted by United States bombers.
Officials said the rusty object was about 85 centimeters (33 inches) long and 15 centimeters (6 inches) wide. (TEPCO), reported in Japanese media on Thursday morning.
The plant's operator, Tokyo Electric Power Co., said that a worker spotted the suspected bomb early Thursday while digging the ground at a parking lot about 1 kilometer (0.6 mile) north of the reactors destroyed in the 2011 natural disaster and tsunami.
The nearly three foot long suspected bomb is believed to be an unexploded device dropped by the U.S. at the height of WW2.
Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
C’est également le cas de l’attaquant de Liverpool Christian Benteke. C’est ce que vous découvrirez dans cet article.
The Fukushima Prefectural Police are working to confirm if the device is indeed a bomb and are considering disposal methods if it is confirmed to be an explosive.
TEPCO said that 200 meters (200 yards) around the site was closed off, far enough not to affect the delicate plant decommissioning work.
US forces launched an airstrike in an area around the power plant during World War II, according to the Fukushima Prefectural Archives.
In this handout photo from Nishitokyo City, Japan's Ground Self Defence Forces remove an unexploded 1-tonne bomb which was supposedly dropped by the US military during the WWII on July 10, 2005 in Nishitokyo, western Tokyo, Japan.
- Newcastle sign Chelsea outcast Kenedy on loan
- Cops Called on Blac Chyna Over Heated Exchange with Neighbors
- Facebook debuts Watch TV
- 'Your diplomatic insights were invaluable': Modi to Vice President Ansari
- Lenovo launches K8 Note starting at Rs 12999
- Une équipe marque avant d'avoir touché le ballon
- Shannen Doherty bientôt de retour sur les écrans
- Ismail Vadi confims N3 Geldenhuys interchange reopened
- No Android Nougat update for Lenovo Phab 2 series smartphones
- Controversial Bigg Boss 10 contestant Swami Om gets arrested by Delhi Police