An 11-year-old girl received second-degree burns after her friend poured boiling water on her at a sleepover.
NY1 News reported that 11-year-old Jamoneisha Merritt was taken to a burn unit after the friends she was with for a sleepover threw boiling water on her. Meanwhile, the victim's family members say the 11-year-old was actually bullied before this happened by the same 12-year-old girl who doused her with that scalding water.
First responders rushed her to Harlem Hospital in serious but stable condition. The scalding hot water burned the girl's face, neck, shoulders and chest, leaving her screaming in pain and agony.
Police say the 12-year-old girl who is accused in the attack has been charged with assault.
Merritt's family is devasted.
Even worse, Merritt said, the girl responsible "admitted it" and said "I don't like her.
She thought they was her friends", Merritt's mother Ebony told television station NY1.
Glencore Shares Sink Despite Return To Profit In First Half
The share of profit from joint ventures also rose considerably to USD428.0 million from USD114.0 million the year before. Adjusted EBIT surged to $3.80 billion from $875 million a year ago.
Investigators are looking into whether this crime was inspired by an apparent social media trend that's dubbed "the hot water challenge".
"She's very sad. She's emotionally messed up", Merritt's mother told NY 1.
According to the mother of Merritt, his daughter had already been intimidated by the one that attacked her: "I was told that she did not like him". And they just been bullying her. 'I don't like her.
"I could only be with her for a little bit, because I can't hold myself together", Yolanda said.
The victim's mother posted on social media, saying that she wants all parents to be aware of what their children are doing and to talk to them about the risky, sick stunts they see online.
- MercadoLibre, Inc. (MELI) Shares Gap Down Following Analyst Downgrade
- Palaniswami camp questions Sasikala-Dhinakaran authority
- United Kingdom foreign trade trade deficit widens unexpectedly in June
- Quand Decathlon vient en aide à un athlète français — Championnats du monde
- Un bus à impériale s'encastre dans un magasin à Londres: des blessés
- Mercato OM : Jordan Amavi, signature imminente
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Unos 200 inmigrantes logran entrar en Ceuta desde Marruecos a la carrera
- Key facts about Guam, the center of US-North Korea tension
- Les Derniers Jedis se montre dans de nouvelles images — Star Wars